Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: keerthie
About
User Name: keerthie
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 20
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Simple PCF
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 7:47:28 PM
Hi Bruce,

I contacted tech support and we found the problem. For some reason, my PCFs were not updating and once we fixed the problem they look OK. Thanks for pointing to right direction.
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 1:09:00 PM
Hi Bruce,

In my computer I created a simple easy scan starting with all us stocks (Volume > 1500). I used the above formula as a pcf and the result is that I am seeing so many stocks which have negative or red BOP.  To name a few:
dsx
urre
llen

Now if I use the green BOP formula shown above these will show up too (which is not correct). Am I doing this correctly?
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 12:46:01 PM
Hi Bruce,

I am sorry to bother you again. I tried to use a simple formula 
BOP > 0 AND BOP1.1 > 0 AND BOP1.2 > 0 AND BOP1.3 > 0 AND BOP1.4 > 0

as you mentioned for a easy scan and I see several stocks which are negative BOP (or simply red BOP) for last 5 bars. It doesn't look right to me. Other easy scans working OK and I am wondering if there is a problem with the BOP calculation.
Posted: Monday, December 6, 2010 10:46:01 AM
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your help. regards
Posted: Saturday, December 4, 2010 4:21:32 PM
Hi Bruce,

Could you also provide a pcf for the case where BOP being red for the last 5-bars? Thanks
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2010 3:11:32 PM
Hi Bruce,

It worked. Thanks for your quick response.
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2010 2:48:17 PM
Hi,

I am trying to create a simple PCF which can filter stocks  with a BOP value > 0 for last 5 days. I used
MIN(BOP1,5) > 0 but it does not give me the desired results. I also used MIN(BOP1,5) > 40 to filter the stocks with green BOP for last 5 days. May be I do not understand how to use the BOP function. Any help is very much appreciated . Thanks
Topic: Higher average volume for the same time of day
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 4:46:55 PM
OK, Now I understand. Thanks for your help.
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 4:37:30 PM

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the response. Now I have another question. I have data manager setting at 500 intraday bars (I am using 5min intraday chart). Is that good enough?

Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 4:01:09 PM
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your help. I'll try your real code. One question though.. Bar can be 5 min or 15min, in other words can I use 5 min or 15 chart?