TC2000.com• Download software • Tutorial videos • Subscription & data-feed pricing • Class schedule
TC2000Brokerage.com• New account application • Trading resources • Margin rates • Stock & option commissions
Worden Discussion Forum
Thank you Bruce,
I'm assuming the the CountTrue formula for the Bollinger Bands takes the 20 StDev into account und the
0.20 Parameter doesn't matter here. Kind regards, Chris
I ran into another problem just now:
1) Wanted to find a decreasing Bollinger Bandwidth (using 0.2, 20) for at least 3 out of the last 5 bars. And wanted this condition to be True, so the scan only returns stocks with this criteria:
CountTrue(ABS(BBTOP(.2, 20)) < MIN(ABS(BBTOP(.2, 20.1), 5) AND (ABS(BBBOT(.2, 20)) < MIN(ABS(BBBOT(.2, 20.1), 5)) >= 3
I get a "mising period" argument at Position 113 when I try to save the PCF Condition.
2) Also, the 20-bar slope of the EMA89 you helped me with this morning seems different from the
20 bar slope of the BBTOP(.2, 20). Says the latter is an indicator and saves it like that. I was wanted
to specify in the 2 formulas above that they are conditions and are True, not sure how to adapt this?
Thanks a lot. Kind regards,
Thanks very much - I'll study the way you are setting the parentheses. Chris
Just to clarify, I want to use the 20 period Linear Regression.
I thought this would work, but I get an error flag
(6 * ((FAVG((BBTOP(0.2, 20), 21)) - AVG(BBTOP(0.2, 20), 21))) / 20) > 0
I'm having problems with 2 slope formulas:
1) I need to find the 20 bar slope of the BBTOP(0.2, 20) and this isn't working for me:
6 * (FAVG(BBTOP(0.20, 20) - BBTOP(0.20, 20)) / 20 > 0
2) I also need to find the 20 bar slope of the EMA89
Thanks for your help. Kind regards,
Thanks Bruce. Appreciate your help, as always.
Something happened to my reply just now when I posted, so I'll try again:
If I were to add a third indicators to the formulas above, would this be the correct way for doing that, e.g. as an example with an additional EMA89?:
XDOWN(C, LEAST(XAVGC50, XAVGC89, BBBOT (.2, 20))
Don't worry about the questions I posed above. I think I got them squared away on my own.
For #1 I used: BBBOT(.2, 20) < GREATEST(...T3-6-1.272.., T3-36-1.272)
and it seems to work.
I have a new question however as follows:
- I would like to scan for the (first) Close Price Bar crossing up through the HIGHER (Greater) of the EMA50 or the BBTOP(0.2, 20).
- Inversely, I would like to scan for the first Close Price Bar crossing up the LOWER (Least) of the EMA50 or the EMA89 or the BBTOP(0.2, 20).
Thanks for your help,
Today I wanted ask ask your help with a more difficult (two part) scan formula. Perhaps you can give me the generic structure on #1:
1. The BBOT is below the lower of T3-6-1.272 and T-3-36-1.272;
2. The price ihas been moving down to the BBTOP. and the price Low is below the BBTOP now.
BBTOP = (0.2; 20), BBBOT = (0.2. 20)
Many thanks and kind regards,
Thanks, Bruce. Now I understand. Kind regards, Chris