Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Hayniet4
About
User Name: Hayniet4
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 41
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: ATR trail Stops plotted?
Posted: Thursday, March 9, 2017 12:46:18 AM

Is there a way to incorporate the MIN / MAX functions to eliminate the jagged ness?

I'd like to see a price chanel that is the MIN mas of 1.25 times the c+/- the 10 day ATR.  Just to get a visual of how that would work as a trailing stop.

Posted: Thursday, March 9, 2017 12:30:05 AM

And I got the ATR one to work.  

Posted: Thursday, March 9, 2017 12:27:33 AM

Oh.. I got the latter to work.  I was missing the move arrows. 

Posted: Thursday, March 9, 2017 12:22:31 AM

Is there a way to plot an ATR based channel so that I could visualize a trailing stop idea?

I tried  C-(.5*(atr10) for 1/2 the 10 day ATR but it won't let me plot it on price?  What did I do wrong?

If true ATR is a problem then I could use some % of the 5 day range.  

Topic: PCF syntax for MIN ATR14 for the last 5 days.
Posted: Sunday, March 5, 2017 12:19:24 PM

Thanks guys.  I see it above and the formula is working.  

I want to make that formula for Stochastics (worden preferably) and RSI.

Topic: Pull Back Indicator Suggestions
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 1:37:12 PM

Hi,

I'm working on a new Pullback stratgy.  Alot of those entries come in REALY uncomfortable places.   I'm looking for something that possbibly diverges and is more reliable than random?

(L1=MINL10 and c>o) OR (L=MINL10 and C>O) and ATR8 > MIN(ATR8.1, 5) is my base alert.  Can enter next day or up to 4 days.

OR some filter in general.  This produces too many opportunities.  I'm trying to filter out some of the junk.

Topic: TechniTrader trading course
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 1:28:57 PM

Um.... I did great out of the gate.   Then when i bgan to have trouble doing what I thought was the same thing I found them to be agravtingly vague about what I was doing wrong.

NOW their scans are protected so I can't look into them with gained knowledge.  they are fine if you know NOTHING and want to be spoon fed.

I never got a clear sense of what seperates good candidates from bad definatively.  Trading their list and scan results worked well most of the time i was with them.  BUT it was a raging bull market and I wonder looking back if I didn't underperform. 

I'm looking at Hit and Run now myself.  He gives away his PCFs and dosent make GURU Crystal Ball like statements.  I bought their kickstart dvd from worden and was dissapointed.  It was a comercial for their course essentially.

Unless they have changed some of thier indicator settings and combos don't make math sense as they are set up.  But they may work for them.  

As I've gone on my own and learned more its becoming clear just how random the short term market is.  I think they hesitate to state that fact.  Short term market movement are chaotic and statisticaly nearly random.  

Testing entries usually dosent go well.... at least as they are stated in the books.  

Now if there is some magical filter set I forgot or can't find then that would explain my struggles.

Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 8:35:06 AM

How would I do that for MACD?

(XAVGC12 - XAVGC26)>min(XAVGC12.1,5 - XAVGC26.1,5) gives an error.

Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2017 9:14:48 PM

Why does this happen?

BWA with Donchian Channels 10 period plotted with no offset.  Custom Boolean indicator 

(L1=MINL10 and c>o) OR (L=MINL10 and C>O) plotted.

I'm getting a spike on 12/20.  Why is that?  its the 2nd false spike i've seen.  12/19 isn't the lowest low of the last 10 bars.  

What am I missing?

Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2017 9:03:35 PM

Thanks so much!