New version 18 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: patrick_m_c
About
User Name: patrick_m_c
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 43
[0.01% of all post / 0.03 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: % away from top of BB
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2019 5:46:05 PM

Sorry, I meant to ask about the mid line between the boilnger bands. Thank you

Topic: % away from top of BB
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2019 5:43:59 PM

Is there a way to tell what the last traded price is above the top channel (percent wise) of the top band of the boilnger band?

Look to find a way to make a scan that I can sort as a condition as well as a watchlist column.

Conversely, I'm looking to see how to sort % wise a stock is below it's bottom channel of it's boilnger band. 

Thank you very much. Sorry to drive you nuts with this. But I'm trying real hard to find a result that fits. Thank you

Topic: Combination Scan
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2019 3:42:21 PM

Is there a way to run a condition that will show me where stocks are trading percent wise from their moving average?

for istance the daily price is what % away from it's 20?

Topic: Combination Scan
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2019 1:39:44 PM

I'm attempting to create a "scan condition" and also a "column on a watchlist" showing how far a stock is trading above or below it's currently volatitliy stop (% wise) on a time frame. I don't think that it's possible to get that, without making modifcations. I was thinking that if I added a 1 period moving average to the volatitlity stop indicator, I'd be able to make a condition and column that could tell me how far the stock is away from the moving average (aka the volatitly stop). Any help you can offer would be greatly aprpeciated.

Topic: % from Moving Average
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 7:54:47 PM

How could you adjust these:

100 * (C / AVGC50 - 1) or 100 * ABS(C / AVGC50 - 1)

to show for the 10 period simple moving average on a weekly chart timefram? 

Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 7:51:26 AM

Hi Bruce,

I'm having a little trouble with your formula.

You said to use: 100 * (C /AVG50 - 1)  or 100 * ABS (C / ACGC0 - 1)

Neither were able to produce my desired result. I'm not sure if the second formula was a typo as there's no 50 in the equation.

My main goal is to try and track how far away a stock is trading from its volatility stop (% wise) on the weekly timeframe. I've asked for a way to do this in the past and was told thatthere was no direct way to do it.

Therefore, I came up with the idea that if I plot a 1 period simple moving average to the vlty stop, I could have a formula to track the moving average.

I think the problem is that the 1 period might not be long enough because 1 - 1 = 0.  100 * (C/AVG1 -1).

Any ideas?

Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 8:00:15 PM

Hello, 

Is there a way to add a condition in the watch list which will show you have far percent wise a stock is away from it's moving average?

For instance, lets say I want to see how far, percent wise, the SPY is below it's 50d moving average.

Thank you.

Topic: % from volatiliy stop
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 8:06:36 PM

Thanks boys. Congrats on your yacht, Bruce. 

Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 7:22:43 PM

Hi Bruce, 

Thank you for the help. 

If I wanted to run a condition on a watchlist, how could I find out the following..

I'm looking to show how far the current price of a stock on the daily time frame is from the volatility stop. Any ideas?

As always, thank you for all of your help,

Patrick

Posted: Saturday, June 16, 2018 12:22:59 PM

Al and Bruce, 

Thank you for the help. Getting close to my desired results. Thanks again.