New version 18 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: patrick_m_c
About
User Name: patrick_m_c
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 36
[0.01% of all post / 0.03 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: % from volatiliy stop
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 8:06:36 PM

Thanks boys. Congrats on your yacht, Bruce. 

Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 7:22:43 PM

Hi Bruce, 

Thank you for the help. 

If I wanted to run a condition on a watchlist, how could I find out the following..

I'm looking to show how far the current price of a stock on the daily time frame is from the volatility stop. Any ideas?

As always, thank you for all of your help,

Patrick

Posted: Saturday, June 16, 2018 12:22:59 PM

Al and Bruce, 

Thank you for the help. Getting close to my desired results. Thanks again.

Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 8:14:01 PM

Hello, 

Is there a way to scan for stocks that are a within a certain percentage of their volatility stop?

For example, on the 30minute time frame, I'm looking for a stock that is trading above it's volatility stop to the long side. I've figured that part out. However, I'm looking for a way to make sure that it's trading no more than 3% above the most recent volatility stop on that timeframe. 

Thank you. 

Topic: Watchlist
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2018 11:35:14 AM

Is there a way to add a comment row in the watchlist, so you can write notes? For instance, I have 10 stocks in my watchlist, and I want to write my entry plan and stop plan down so I can see it in written in text, instead of having to notate the chart. 

Also, within the same watchlist, am I able to add custom text to break up the stock into different categories. for instance, I'd write "daily timeframe" in, and move all the stocks manually under that. Then I'd write "monthly timeframe" and move all the stocks I like on a monthly basis under that. It's a bit easier to see it all together rather than flipping around from watch list to watch list. 

Thank you

Topic: Non-Optionable Stocks
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2018 6:46:57 PM

Is there a way to sort a stock list by securities, that don't have options traded against them? Thanks. 

Topic: % From All Time High or All Time Low
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2018 9:54:11 AM

That's unfortuante. What I'm trying to do is view the stocks before they break out to new highs or lows, thus the reason for the defined range.

Topic: % From All Time High or All Time Low
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2018 8:39:21 AM

Hello,

Is there a wayt to run a scan that will show me stocks that are within a range of their all time high or low?

For example, I'm looking for equities that are 0% - 5% from their all time high. Conversely, a scan that is shows stocks within 0% - 5% of their all time low.

I apolgize if this has been addressed before, but I'm having difficulty finding an answer in the forms. 

Thank you.

Topic: % Column
Posted: Monday, July 24, 2017 4:09:54 PM

Thanks, Bruce. So to confirm, if I wanted to chose MTD, I'm writing the formula as follows.

100 * (C / C1 - 20)

Topic: % Column
Posted: Monday, July 24, 2017 3:11:41 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to make two columns in my watchlist.

Week To Date Percent Change

Month To Date Percent Change

I see that there is a YTD % Change, but I can't find the others.

Thank you