Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: willimike
About
User Name: willimike
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 49
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: trendlines
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2007 8:01:26 AM
When I draw a trend line, point A to point B is red and then both are extended on out in blue.

There are times I would like to be able to erase the blue extensions and just be able to draw a trend line from point A to point B. 

Is this possible ? 

Thank you,

Topic: Small Minds - stay small
Posted: Saturday, December 16, 2006 8:30:09 AM
I do not understand why anyone would belittle any of the comments that are made in this forum.

If I have offended any of you I do apoligize.

I have made REAL GOOD MONEY on the stocks I have mentioned here:

( MU )
( AA )
( GE )
( SPLS )
and yes KoKoDa's ( WFR ) and I tried my best to thank him.

I bot ( MXIM ) yesterday @ 30.69 and will continue to hold it until it trades below 30.00 on the downside and at least 32.50 on the upside.

I mentioned ( LEH ) and I have not found a good enty point for me, but still watching it and will someday buy it unless it breaks down.

I will try and buy ( WMT ) at some point in time, if the right opportunity arises. I will not hold it below 42.50.

I will not be participating any longer, but I wish the best for all of you. ( yes even the small minds )
Topic: GROW -- Just Keeps On Growing!
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2006 9:35:58 PM
Gitter Done!!!

I love to see somebody get rewarded for having the courage to hang on. I always unload as soon as I am satisfied.

I remember my mom staying with ( AOL ) through 3 straight 2 for 1 splits, while I think my longest run was a week and a half.

I have noticed a lot of IBD's run aways usually stay ontop of their 10 day mov avg until they are ready to take a break. But don't let me or anybody else mess with your head on this one.

Topic: Friday close vs 5 day close
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2006 11:46:30 AM
O.K. maybe I won't sleep good tonight.

Why?

Because I am going to run my mouth again.

Using the 52 week Friday closing high theory lets look at ( WMT ).

( WMT ) peaked back in March of 2004 @ 60.24. This 52 week Friday closing high lasted until February of 2005. Then the 52 week Friday closing high started falling and continued to fall untill October of 2006.

On Friday October the 27th, ( WMT ) closed at 50.73, a new 52 week Friday closing high.

( WMT ) has fallen back since and I have even mentioned that ( WMT ) should have support around the 45 area.
( WMT ) has held that support so far but is still in no mans land as far as risk reward is concerned.
( In my oppinion that is )

So I will state on this open forum that ( WMT ) will have a Friday close above 50.73, before Friday October
26, 2007.

With that in mind I will ( and I suggest you do the same ) try and find a nice safe risk reward entry point for ( WMT ).

I do not think I would want to own ( WMT ) below 42.50, so I will use that figure as my risk point. Now where do I buy at? ( or WE buy at? )

Any suggestions?

Topic: Friday close vs 5 day close
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2006 10:46:04 AM
I can sleep good tonight.
Topic: Trading Range
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2006 8:13:22 PM
We have all noticed how stocks can get range bound at times. Like all things, this can be good or bad, it is according to what mood you are in.

I am looking at ( MXIM ). Starting back in late May or early June, you can see how the 30 line is the magnetic pole. The 30 line has been attracting and repelling the price of the stock.

Houston, we have a line in the SAND.

This is Options expiration week and a lot of times, stocks seem to gravitate to the nearest 5 number, or the nearest 2 1/2 number. I believe ( MXIM ) is gravitating to the 30 line, which just so happens to be its line in the sand.

We are in a nice market here so the best stocks to be in are the ones with little resistance above them because they are all running free. My point is do not sell a resistant free stock to get into this one, because this thing does have resistance above, which means maybe a little rougher ride.

But, if you are looking for a stock where you want to know where your downside is at, then ( MXIM ) might be worth a look here, especially if it wants to gravitate back down to the 30 line tomorrow.
Topic: GE
Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 11:02:11 AM
I can now build a fundamental reason to buy ( GE ).

I know I originally spouted off about some goofy 52 week closing high junk, but this is for real now.

( GE ) had a 52 week low of 32.06 back in July. At that time ( GE ) was paying a $1 dividend which equaled out to be a 3.12 % dividend at 32.06.

( GE ) just announced that they are raising their annual dividend to $1.12 a year.

I just looked, and ( GE ) was at 35.54. At 35.54 ( GE ) is paying a 3.15% dividend.

So using that line of thinking ( GE ) should be close if not right at a 52 week low here.

May I continue.

( GE ) had a 52 week high at 36.47. At that time ( GE ) was paying a $1 dividend, which equaled out to be a 2.74% dividend.

( GE ) is now paying a $1.12 dividend which could equal out to be a new target of 40.75. Because that would put it's dividend at around 2.74% at that point.

I might be exagerating a little here, but one can start building a logical reason ( Not some stupid 52 week closing high theory )to buy ( GE ).
Topic: RDEN CCRN TXN
Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 9:23:07 AM
I won't get into what I like or don't like, because I do not want to influence your thinking, but I will discuss ( CCRN ).

The best I can tell ( CCRN ) came public a few years back and opened at 20.26 and closed the first day at 20.37.

Ran up to the 27 area, fell back and then bounced up to the high 30's, before crashing, down to the $10 area.

( CCRN ) has since fought its way back up to this point. In my oppinion this area will always be a little magical for ( CCRN ) because this is where it originated at. I think you can tell by the way the Chart, OBV and BOP are acting, that there is extreme confusion here.

I do not know whether or not its fundamentals are helping cause some of the confusion, but I do know that this location on the chart is causing a lot of the confusion.

Looks to me like there is RISK and REWARD here. If one can control his risk the reward might be nice.

Sometimes this is easier said than done.

Topic: Patterns
Posted: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 8:51:29 PM
Usually this is a continuation pattern and it seems to be playing out to be just that here.

If you already own it I would go ahead and hold it until it breaks 3.50.

If I did not own it I would not buy it.

There is an ole saying.

You ain't seen cheap yet.

If ( PLUG ) breaks 3.50 it just might get cheap. I mean real cheap.

But I have to admit I do not follow this stock, anymore.

I remember when it first came out. John Markman was the first to talk it up and it had a heck of a run and then fell just as quick. I think they were into the hydrogen fuel cell dream. I do not know what they are into now.
Topic: HLYS
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2006 7:30:19 PM
Before it came out Cramer said buy below 23 and sell above 30.

I have no idea??