Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: witek
About
User Name: witek
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 4
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: how do I create mansfield relative strength
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 3:58:50 AM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

Try adding a Price Percent Oscillator (PPO) indicator (but not Histogram) to the chart. Then change its data source to use the Relative Strength (RS) indicator.

Very much appreciated! Thank you. I've set the short period to 1 and long period to 200. I get an indicator very similar in function to the Mansfield RS. Thank you, Bruce.

Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2015 12:27:15 AM

QUOTE (witek)

QUOTE (witek)

Hi Bruce, any updates as to whether or not the Mansfield Relative Strength indicator can be charted in TC2000?

Alternatively, is there any way I could do this:

I am already able to plot Relative Strength Indicator vs SPY (standard TC2000 indicator) (RS) together with its 200 day SMA (RS SPY 200 SMA). This is great. The data is already there. But to go one step further is there any way I could reference these vanilla indicators in a PCF and write:

(RS SPY) / (RS SPY 200 SMA) ?

Doing so would basically yield the Mansfield Relative Strength Indicator. The formula would normalise the 200 SMA to 1, a flat horizontal line. It's easier to visually pick up changes when the 200SMA is stationary versus when both the daily RS and RS SMA200 are moving simultaneously.

I tried writing out a PCF (simply wrote C) and then changed data source to RS SPY. However, this doesn't work and nothing is plotted. 

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Screenshots for reference:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/or3pkkjlwipchws/Screen%20Shot%202015-06-27%20at%2012.19.11%20%283%29.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/17fy92i384j0zb6/Screen%20Shot%202015-06-27%20at%2012.20.25%20%283%29.png?dl=0

Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2015 12:14:54 AM

QUOTE (witek)

Hi Bruce, any updates as to whether or not the Mansfield Relative Strength indicator can be charted in TC2000?

Alternatively, is there any way I could do this:

I am already able to plot Relative Strength Indicator vs SPY (standard TC2000 indicator) (RS) together with its 200 day SMA (RS SPY 200 SMA). This is great. The data is already there. But to go one step further is there any way I could reference these vanilla indicators in a PCF and write:

(RS SPY) / (RS SPY 200 SMA) ?

Doing so would basically yield the Mansfield Relative Strength Indicator. The formula would normalise the 200 SMA to 1, a flat horizontal line. It's easier to visually pick up changes when the 200SMA is stationary versus when both the daily RS and RS SMA200 are moving simultaneously.

I tried writing out a PCF (simply wrote C) and then changed data source to RS SPY. However, this doesn't work and nothing is plotted. 

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Posted: Friday, June 26, 2015 10:44:25 PM