Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: jcarlstrom
About
User Name: jcarlstrom
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 9
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: RS line, stock / Industry Index (TC2000 v17)
Posted: Sunday, June 25, 2017 12:21:35 PM

I am looking for the same thing.

Topic: Stochastics Indicator vs PCF
Posted: Saturday, November 5, 2016 10:59:48 PM

I am using a custom PCF stochastic that uses STOC12.3, STOC12.3.1, and STOC12.3.2.  I am also using the Stochastics indicator with a period of 3 and a 12 %K with a 3 %D.  When I check the value of the STOC12.3, STOC12.3.1, and STOC12.3.2 with the value of the 3 period, 12 %k on the chart, they are different values.  I have tried different values with different %K's and different periods and they are always different between the indicator and what I get from the PCF.  Why are they different?  I am assuming that this is user error but I can't figure out why they are differnt values.

John 

Topic: Making MACD more sensitive
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 4:28:01 PM

Thanks Bruce. 

First, I wanted to put it into a condition statement and not just change the indicator.  I had already done that.  Secondly, I found something in a previous post that gave me an idea and it worked.  Sorry for the initial post.  I should have done some more digging.

Topic: Making MACD more sensitive
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2016 10:15:45 AM

Is there a way to change the parameters in the calcualation of MACD?  I would like to make it more sensitive.  The default is 12 26 but I would like to make it 8 17.  I don't see a way to do that with the current library conditions.  

If not then I would need to calculate my own EMA 9 which is kind of a pain.  Any ideas?

John

Topic: Tutorials for the rest of the Drawing Tools
Posted: Sunday, October 25, 2015 8:47:21 PM

The tutorials you have hint that there are more tutorials for the rest of the drawing tools but don't see them anywhere.  Am i just not seeeing them or do they not exist?

Topic: Neutered Gold Accounts
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2015 9:47:40 AM

For the new version of TC2000, the release notes didn't mention anything about shutting off the BAT and turning off any intraday stock updates for Gold members.  So Alerts don't work, i am assuming we only get market updates at the close now, no news, etc.  Takes a huge value proposition out of the Gold account.  for me it makes the Gold account pretty much worthless.

Was that omitted from the release notes or were we just supposed to find out about that on our own.

Topic: Creating drop-down box in PCF
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2015 1:57:03 PM

Is there a way to create a drop-down box with PCF?  I have a condition where i would like to set the value without having to modify the condition directly.  There used to be EPS calculaiotns that seem to be gone now that would let you set the percentage range of EPS you wanted.  Is there a way to do that?

Topic: comment lines in a PCF
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2015 3:51:05 PM

is there a way to add comment lines in a PCF?  some of mine are pretty complicated and i would like to break it up logically and add comment lines on what each condition is accomplishing

Topic: Earnings Date
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2014 7:47:40 PM

It would be very beneficial to add the abilty to add the 4 earnings calls for each stock we are following.  Afterall they are the most important scheduled data releases for a stock.