Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Qc-MC
About
User Name: Qc-MC
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 11
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: present day
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2015 12:12:35 PM

just a remender.

In platinum, is the present day inluded or not?

ex: if I type C and I am on a daily basis, do I get the present price (intraday) or the close of yesterday?

in other words, to have complete days (HLOC) do I need to start with 1 bar left (H1,O1,etc)

thanks

cm

Topic: MoneyStream
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 6:16:07 PM

Can you explain why I obtain a different value of MS when I add it  as a column in a list vs when I use the MS function.

example MSFT today: On indicator line MS is= 108,02 and in  pcf, typing MS for MSFT gives a value of 28,3.

2nd: the minimum value of MS for the last 30 days starting yesterday is express this way?
Min(MS1,30) ?

Thanks

cm

Topic: scans with platinum
Posted: Thursday, February 5, 2015 3:30:23 PM

Is it possible to exclude present day in scans with a Platinum subscription.

I foud that most scans I designed do not work in real time, because they include the values of the prsent day.

for ex: if V > XavgV25 then the result  will be zero (no result)  until the end of the day.

Same for most of criterias (LR of 5 d > 0 give no result for ex).

thanks.

Topic: Linear Regression Slope
Posted: Wednesday, February 4, 2015 7:30:25 PM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

Please try the following Indicator Formula.

(2 * (C - C4) + C1 - C3) / 10

The denominator can be calculated as the sum of the squares of the factors. So 4 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 2 = 10. It can also be calculated using P * (P ^ 2 - 1) / 12, so 5 * (25 - 1) / 12 = 10.

Using Linear Regression vs Classical Peaks/Valleys for Divergence Analysis

Thank you

cm

Topic: Wilder's RSI
Posted: Wednesday, February 4, 2015 7:10:49 PM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

User created variables are not possible in the Personal Criteria Formula Language. There is no way to do something like XAVG"myownWRSI"21 in a PCF.

You can use the formula in a Custom PCF Indicator with the Period and Average Type set to the desired moving average you wish to apply, but I suspect this isn't what you want. If it was, you could just add a moving average to the RSI indicator directly.

If you do add a moving average to the RSI indicator, you can set the Offset setting to the number of bars ago of interest.

Brce,

I Knew that we can do this, but with RSI (Non Wilder), the question was for Wiilder RSI.

Anyway I found an other way to manage this.

Subject can be close for now.

Thank You.

cm

Topic: Linear Regression Slope
Posted: Wednesday, February 4, 2015 11:32:56 AM

Can you give me the formula for a LR5 slope. In search I found 10,20 and 40 formulas but I do not understand the last factor by wich numbers are divided.

Thanks in advance.

cm

Topic: TSV
Posted: Monday, February 2, 2015 3:33:52 PM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

No, there is no way to reference the value in another formula. You would need to include the syntax for the formula within any other formula in order to use it.

Ok

thanks

(close)

cm

Posted: Monday, February 2, 2015 2:55:13 PM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

If you give the Custom PCF Indicator a name and then save the indicator in TC2000 version 12.4, you should be able to use the name you used when saving it to re-load it later.

But the question is if I want to refer to it in a condition can I refer to my new ind by it's name?

ex:

1: create this ind: XAVG(TSV1,24)

2: name it "MYExpTSV24"

3: In a condition (later) Search MYExpTSV4 = MIN(MYExpTSV24,21) (verify if the ind is at a low of 21 p.)

OR MYExpTSV24 >MYExpTSV24.1 (comparing current value with the last period)

cm

Posted: Monday, February 2, 2015 2:28:13 PM

[/QUOTE] OK, I created new indicators wih the formulas and ploted them over the TSV(e)24 anEM12 of TSV(e)24. It's ok. If I save this new indicator as a custom ind. am I able to refer to it by its name or need to enter the fml each time?

Posted: Sunday, February 1, 2015 3:30:39 PM

When I use TSV24 in PCF's window, it gives me the "simple type averaging method" of the indicator(see edit in TSV indicator, the option of "average type"). Wht is the wy to have TSV24 lin, but with "exponential" averaging method of te indicator?

Please, do not be confused between averaging method of TSV and average of the indicator over a period of time.

see this example:

MSFTon 30-01-2015:

(these are the values  I want to refer to)

TSV24(expontial method) : -189 k

EMA of TSV24(exp.) over 12 periods: -91,7 k

(these are not)

TSV24 (simple mehod) : -151 k (seem to be the default)

EMA of this TSV over 12 peiods: -70 k

I want to refer to the 2 fist set of values, not the second set.

thanks,