Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: fredwright
About
User Name: fredwright
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 24
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Where can I find a recording of a training day
Posted: Thursday, February 1, 2018 1:44:28 PM

I missed the DC training a few months ago.  Where can I get the notes/recording of that day or a more recent one from another city?

fred

Topic: Charting options data
Posted: Thursday, February 1, 2018 1:36:56 PM

Can I chart option data suc as OPEN INTEREST or Delta or Implied Volatility?

fred

Topic: What is the formula underlying "5 day price trend vs. market"
Posted: Saturday, June 3, 2017 10:56:48 AM

I look at this indicator along with 5 bar vol surge to find relative strenght stocks that are getting increased volume.  But I am not sure what the "market" reference is for the indicator - If I plot it against the SPY as a proxy for the "market" it is much more variable than I would expect.  Can you educate me on what is the reference "market" or tell me how to create a custom indicator that is similar where I can pick the "market" (perhaps the SPY or perhaps the Industry Group, or perhaps a specific sector ETF).

Thk

Topic: Is it possible to Search Notes
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2016 5:05:52 PM

Actually three questions:

1 - can I search through all of my notes to find stocks that I have typed a particular key word like "never trade again" or "Trade Open"?  

Also, in some previous version (perhaps when I was platinum) I could comment on older notes - I don't see this option any more?

Finally, will it ever be possible to EDIT a note rather than just delete it?

Thanks, Fred

Topic: Options - Can I calculate a column with Annualized Return to Selling a Put
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2016 4:58:41 PM

Can I use a PCF to create a column with the annualized return to selling a put -- the formula is essentially Put Bid/Underlying Price/Days to Expiration*365

Thanks, Fred

P.S., A related Question - can i then find what I call the probable return by then multiplying this figure by the Delta of the option?

Topic: Short Interest - how can I create an indicator for Percent Change
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2016 4:43:05 PM

I would like to sort a group of stocks by the percentage change in the Short Interest (which only updates every 2 weeks and then is sort of backdated to the change date) and or the Short Percentage of Float.  I know when it is updated so that doesn't bother me, but how can I refer to either one in a formula?

thanks for the help, Fred

Topic: MEMBER OF - doesn't seem to include Personal Watchlists
Posted: Monday, December 1, 2014 5:34:53 PM

I was trying out the Memor Of feature and I thought it would inlcude ALL watchlists the stock is a member of including Personal Watch Lists - it doesn't seem to work that way?  Can you please get that added.  I still use the Control M featuer to see what lists I have put a stock in.  Perhaps the new Member Of feature could group the lists into System and Personal Watchlists - preferably with Personal at the top?

Fre

Topic: iPad
Posted: Sunday, June 5, 2011 7:45:54 PM
When will the mobile version work on an iPad?
Topic: Unsing FreeStockCharts as a TAB
Posted: Saturday, May 22, 2010 11:21:05 AM
Does anyone know how to have FSC jump to the symbol automatically.  Ideally, what I would like to do is have an all-elements watchlist open in FSC (rather than a chart) and have it jump to that symbol when I open the FSC tab in SF 5.0 so that I can see data columns on things like YIELD and LATEST SHORT INTEREST and a few other of the fundamental column data elements that are not available in SF50 unless I am a Platinum user.  Thanks
Topic: Michael's Notes from Baltimore Training Class
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2007 4:50:16 PM
Where should we put the .bTool files?