New version 17 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: fredwright
About
User Name: fredwright
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 22
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: What is the formula underlying "5 day price trend vs. market"
Posted: Saturday, June 03, 2017 10:56:48 AM

I look at this indicator along with 5 bar vol surge to find relative strenght stocks that are getting increased volume.  But I am not sure what the "market" reference is for the indicator - If I plot it against the SPY as a proxy for the "market" it is much more variable than I would expect.  Can you educate me on what is the reference "market" or tell me how to create a custom indicator that is similar where I can pick the "market" (perhaps the SPY or perhaps the Industry Group, or perhaps a specific sector ETF).

Thk

Topic: Is it possible to Search Notes
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2016 5:05:52 PM

Actually three questions:

1 - can I search through all of my notes to find stocks that I have typed a particular key word like "never trade again" or "Trade Open"?  

Also, in some previous version (perhaps when I was platinum) I could comment on older notes - I don't see this option any more?

Finally, will it ever be possible to EDIT a note rather than just delete it?

Thanks, Fred

Topic: Options - Can I calculate a column with Annualized Return to Selling a Put
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2016 4:58:41 PM

Can I use a PCF to create a column with the annualized return to selling a put -- the formula is essentially Put Bid/Underlying Price/Days to Expiration*365

Thanks, Fred

P.S., A related Question - can i then find what I call the probable return by then multiplying this figure by the Delta of the option?

Topic: Short Interest - how can I create an indicator for Percent Change
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2016 4:43:05 PM

I would like to sort a group of stocks by the percentage change in the Short Interest (which only updates every 2 weeks and then is sort of backdated to the change date) and or the Short Percentage of Float.  I know when it is updated so that doesn't bother me, but how can I refer to either one in a formula?

thanks for the help, Fred

Topic: MEMBER OF - doesn't seem to include Personal Watchlists
Posted: Monday, December 01, 2014 5:34:53 PM

I was trying out the Memor Of feature and I thought it would inlcude ALL watchlists the stock is a member of including Personal Watch Lists - it doesn't seem to work that way?  Can you please get that added.  I still use the Control M featuer to see what lists I have put a stock in.  Perhaps the new Member Of feature could group the lists into System and Personal Watchlists - preferably with Personal at the top?

Fre

Topic: iPad
Posted: Sunday, June 05, 2011 7:45:54 PM
When will the mobile version work on an iPad?
Topic: Unsing FreeStockCharts as a TAB
Posted: Saturday, May 22, 2010 11:21:05 AM
Does anyone know how to have FSC jump to the symbol automatically.  Ideally, what I would like to do is have an all-elements watchlist open in FSC (rather than a chart) and have it jump to that symbol when I open the FSC tab in SF 5.0 so that I can see data columns on things like YIELD and LATEST SHORT INTEREST and a few other of the fundamental column data elements that are not available in SF50 unless I am a Platinum user.  Thanks
Topic: Michael's Notes from Baltimore Training Class
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2007 4:50:16 PM
Where should we put the .bTool files?
Topic: Watchlist overlaps
Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 5:55:35 PM
I have created many watchlists (Sivvy 70, IBD 100, Forbes best 200, INC 100 etc) and when I find a stock I like in one of them I look at the CTRL-M Membership list to see which other lists it is in. Is there a way to print or easier way to view a list of watchlist memberships for a specific stock?
Topic: LUV has just been upgraded by S&P - volume + positive divergences every...
Posted: Sunday, October 02, 2005 5:46:16 PM
I am new to Worden and my fundamental view is that the cutting of routes by bankrupt and other airlines will give LUV the option to expand on these routes and as we know from the market options always have some value. Thus I would look for bullish plays on LUV but i might wait to see how the 4th quarter starts out trend wise (I think the end of Sept was window dressing by some Mutuals so we might see a dip in early Oct.