Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: danielnewbury
About
User Name: danielnewbury
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 4
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Dr. Wish's Darvas Scan
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2014 6:17:20 PM

Hi Diceman,

That appears to be the PCF list for a stock's  technical strength just before making purchase decision (stochastics, etc.). I'm looking more for the fundamental search based on EPS, stock making 52 weeks highs, etc.. I think I have built it correctly, but would like to export the easy scan so another person can look at it. Is there a way to do this? When I run the current scan that I have build, I'm not getting any stocks, making me think I have built it wrong. 

Thank you,

dan

Topic: Dr. Wish's Darvas Scan
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2014 4:31:42 PM

I am interested in replicating Dr. Wish's Darvas scan as shown in his webinar given in 2012. I think I have done most of the scan parameters correctly, but want to make sure. Can you provide the rules so that I can load them into my conditions list to make this scan? Following is what the scan looks like from the Conditions view. I am particularly interested in the 3rd and 4th rules and 6th rule , as I don't know how to input those.

1. Price as a Percent of 52 Week High between 90.00 and 100.00 - Daily

2. EPS Percent Change Latest Qtr > 49

3. c-30wkma > 0.01 - Daily

4. c/minlow250 > 1.8 - Daily

5. Price Per Share > 30 - Daily

6. 4wkgt10wkgt30wk Is True - Daily

Thank you,

Dan

Dan

Topic: Add to, in custom date sort, as seen in the webinar covering seasonality
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 3:41:20 AM

Hello. How can I get the Add To option in the custom date sort as seen in the video covering seasonality?

Topic: Setting up a condition that ensures Short Term MA's are GT Long Term
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 2:06:44 AM

Hello, 

I am trying to setup a condition that checks to make sure that the 4 week MA is GT the 10 week MA and that is greater than the 30 wk MA. My current syntax is C>AVGC20>AVGC50>AVGC150. In the test field it is coming up without an error, but the test is being done on MSFT, and the outputs appear to be True, while the stock prices should calculate true, and the scan results in nothing, but I know that, for example LUV, should be true for that. Any tutorial information on using averages would be appreciated. 

Thank you,

Dan