Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: tailgun
About
User Name: tailgun
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 4
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: EasyScan for stock staying within 1% range of price for 5 days
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2014 1:11:00 PM

Bruce, that works great. Thanks so very much! 

Topic: EasyScan for stock staying within 1% range of price for 5 days
Posted: Saturday, November 8, 2014 10:39:26 AM

Hello, 

I am trying to create an easyscan condition that would search for instruments whose price action has remained in a tight range for 5+ trading days. I am looking to set a 1% value of total price over a period of 5 or more trading days.

For example, here's a screenshot of recent price action on RUT, wherein price over the last six candles has remained within a high/low range of about 17 points. This is about 1.5% of the value of RUT at 1173.

So I'm looking to scan for these kinds of conditions but am not sure which rules apply in the easyscan library. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Topic: Best EasyScan for Option Trading?
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 1:33:50 PM

Thanks, Bruce!  I think you are right, those should be about the best I can get.

Topic: Best EasyScan for Option Trading?
Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2014 3:41:33 PM

Hello,

I am trying to build a set of scan conditions that will be used as a base for options trading and for creating other, more focused scans.

From what I gather there are no Implied Volatility and Open Interest stats in TC2000 so I am trying other ways to create the sort of environment I'm looking for.

Here are some conditions I had in mind:

High/Deep Liquidity - If options were listed in TC2000 I'd be looking for tight spreads between Bid/Ask. Is there any other way to approximate this?

Relatively High Volume - This one is more straighforward. I'm probably looking at stocks where the 20 Day average volume is greater than 1 million shares. I pulled a formula from a previous thread here where the following was provided: 

AVGV30 * AVGC30

I installed that formula but when I plugged it in as a scan condtion it doesn't work correctly.

I have also used the prebuilt HIgh Volatility Optionable scan and it seems okay. Do those conditions reresent the best I get within the paramters of TC2000? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks!