Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: neilkhess
About
User Name: neilkhess
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 12
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Number of bars true
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2019 10:40:58 PM

I have a scan running that I would like to tally how many days the Symbol has been on the list or how long all of the conditions have been true.  Is there a way to do that?  It based on a number of different fundamental and technical values and indicators.

Thanks Bruce!

Topic: Consecutive up/down days
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 5:04:15 PM

And to folow up, would there be a way to scan for instruments whose current "Streak" matches or is -1 from the 252 day streak-high?

Topic: Consecutive up/down days
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 4:52:43 PM

Is there a formula that would show the greatest number of consecutive up or down days for an instrument in the last 252 days?

Topic: Relative Strength vs another Ticker?
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2019 1:20:15 PM

Is there a way to write a custom formula that would gage the RS of one ticker against another for say a 10 day period?  Lets say I want to compare the RS of AAPL vs SPX for the past 10 days and then I want to compare the RS of AAPL vs AMZN for the past ten days.  Is there a way to do that, or do I just have to compare their RS to the SPX?

Thank you!

Topic: 2*ATR for 20 day period
Posted: Friday, February 1, 2019 10:58:31 PM

Hello,

I have tried using some of the other formulas on here for the ATR and I just don't have the "know how" to modify it for a 2*ATR for a 20 day period.  Could someone help me with that code?

Thank you!

Topic: Averaging Volume Flow By Sector/Industry/Equity
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2019 5:19:23 PM

Hello,

So, I am trying to come up with a forumla to show me the average flow of volume into and out of a sector divided by the number of securities in that industry.  I want to track volume flow, but I dont want the discrepencies of the number of securities in each sector of industy to inflate or deflate the average volume reading.  Is this making sense?

Thanks for the help!

Topic: CPC-X Not working?
Posted: Friday, January 4, 2019 1:45:12 PM

So, I am new and trying to get a feed of CPC-X on my system.  When I do, it looks like it has not retrieved any data recently.  Could you look at this screen shot and get an idea of what I might be doing wrong?  Thank you!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7RLpsGEQPiDTH8xAA

Topic: Price/Volume Crescendo Formula
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 12:15:29 AM

Perfect!  Thank you!

Topic: Price/Volume Crescendo Formula
Posted: Tuesday, January 1, 2019 9:44:00 AM

I'm just starting to learn formulas and I could use some help.  How would I create a formula where the price was increasing each day over a three day period AND the volume was above average and increasing each day?  So like a price and volume cresendo.

Also: is there a tutorial program or webpage to help me understand formulas better?  I'm sure I could do it once I had a tutorial. 

Thanks!  And Good fortune to all in 2019!

Topic: New guy needs help with indicators
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2018 5:03:48 PM

Is there an indicator that would have a histogram with bars that would extend up and down the y axis to show the amount of shares bought and sold for a given bar?  So, the sum of the buy orders would extend up from zero and be green, and the sum of the sell orders would extend down from the zero to show the contrast between the amount of shares bought and sold?  Not sure if there is something like this out there.