Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: ixiruxa
About
User Name: ixiruxa
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: advice on faster execution please
Posted: Monday, August 7, 2017 11:46:36 AM

I need advice for faster executions please.  I have now lost money twice, because the Limit orders were not quick enough in filling out the orders, and had to resort to using a market order, which lost me profits. By the way, limit orders were slow in buying the stock and then re-selling it.  Sometimes, I have to re-adjust the limit order closer to the price more than once because it just won't go through, I'm talking about minutes worth of wait and my internet connection is good.

Thank you all, Toni.

Topic: Help with execution orders please
Posted: Friday, July 28, 2017 1:36:16 PM

So, I had a very good trade yesterday and ended up losing money because I was so eager to get in the trade that the Market order overfilled my order and then undersold it.  Yes, it was my mistake.  Learned my lesson on that one. I am using TC2000 version 17 and like to day trade stocks with momentum and good volume.

My main concern is that my orders fulfill by price (give or take a few cents) rather than speed. I know that a Limit order to buy or sell will do that, but I also know that there is no guarantee it will fulfill the order. Would a Stop-Limit order be better for execution timing or a Limit order?  If I adjust my limit order to buy or sell to give or take a few cents, is that going to increase the chances of the order getting fulfilled?

thank you and I apologize if I put this in the wrong section.

Toni