Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: ogradymi
About
User Name: ogradymi
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Location Ireland.
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 3
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: NEED PCF FOR STOCKS SUITABLE FOR IRON CONDOR
Posted: Friday, September 29, 2006 3:19:08 PM
I would also be interested in a scan that would produce candidates for this strategy.

From what i understand this strategy calls for the stock to remain within the price range dictated by the CALL & PUT options sold at strike prices above and below the present stock price. For example if a stock is trading at 67.00 the stock would have to remain between say 60 & 75 untill the next expiration which would be 1 month away.

A starting point on this scan would be stocks that are trading laterally within a defined range eg 10 dollars. Stocks that have a propensity to trade like this for a period of at least 1 month and are priced between 50 and 100 dollars. They would have to have reasonable liduidity
Topic: Trading for a living.
Posted: Monday, December 6, 2004 8:43:17 PM
Folks,

Might I suggest some reading material.

"Come Into My Trading Room" by Dr Alexander Elder. I found it very good and it is never too far away from the PC.

If everything goes to plan his previous one "Trading For A Living" will be in my Christmas stocking on the 25th. Now there's a supportive wifey .

Neil040 good to see your post. Don't loose heart we will conquer this trading yet. It's a bit like chasing the end rainbow when I was a young fella in Sligo. The dam thing was always in the next field.
Topic: Trading for a living.
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2004 8:13:34 PM
Greetings from Ireland.

Just installed studio today. Been trading, as a hobby, and using TC2000 for about two and a half years. Embarrassed to say how little money I have made but the main thing is I am UP (30% approx). I am treating it all as if it were a collage course but it looks like it is going to be a life time of learning. Struggling with the phsycological side of it but having fun doing it. From what I can see Worden Studio suits my trading as I do fundamental analysis first (quality stocks only) and technical second. I am really looking forward to how this thread continues.