Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: vinmd73
About
User Name: vinmd73
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Running conditions on another day's prices
Posted: Wednesday, June 4, 2014 12:00:50 PM

I want to perform easy scans with conditions to check for those conditions that were met yesterday or two days ago.  Is there a way to do this easily without having to create another formula and adding the C1 or C2 designation?  For instance, I am using the PCF for a Hanging Man candlestick.  But I want to scan for stocks that met that condition yesterday.  I do not want to have to go into the formula and change everything.  It is not that hard, but it would be time consuming to do it to all of my saved PCF's.  I hope the solution is easy and I am just not seeing it... Thanks.

Topic: 3 line Linear Regression CHANNEL filter (not ONE Linear regression line)
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 12:37:50 AM

Another issue in this realm- I would like to sort stocks by the price distance away from the linear regression line (varying periods but usually 20), both above and below.  I can then use the drawing tool to add the channel width of my preference to visually inspect the stock price according to the channel.  Is there a formula for calculating the positive and negative difference of price from the linear regression line that can be added to a scan for sorting purposes? Can you recommend a formula to use? 

I want to recreate the previous function from earlier TC versions where one could sort their scan by divergence of price from the linear regression line using the linear regression channel "indicator" which no longer exists.

If this makes sense, let me know the best way to do so.  Thank you.