Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: timmyd
About
User Name: timmyd
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Does anyone have a good memory on when they began to learn stock trading?
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 2:00:50 PM

I am eagerly trying to learn how to trade stocks :)  It is absolutely overwhelming.  I have read what seems like a ton of information (but have so much left to read).  I knew going into this that it could be a long road to success.

Short background:  I have never purchased or sold a single stock.  I have an online broker account and I have installed TC2000.  I listened to all the "101" videos on freeonlinetradingeducation.com which were actually very helpful.  Then paid $697 for the "level 2" courses.  While still very helpful I was very disapointed and not very happy for what I got for $700 and still don't feel like I have a clue.  I have spent time continuing to read on candle stickpatterns and trying to learn/understand trend patterns.  Learning the TC2000 software is another ongoing process as well.

However, I am still at a point where there is still just a big fog and it does not seem to click.  I am a sales manager, used to own a retail store, and have excellent computer/software skills.  But understanding the whole process of first finding a fundamenatlly strong stock, then technically analyzing it just seems impossible.  

For anyone who recalls jumping in to learn the stock market with no past experience or noone to personally teach them stuff... when do you feel that the fog was lifted and what do you think the top contibuting factors were?  

I 100% realize that there is market tuition and that I will have failures along the way.  I just don't have a clue and any movement forward at this point would be vegas investing :0

Thanks!

Tim