Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: ppod
About
User Name: ppod
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 5
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Detrend Price Oscillator.
Posted: Friday, July 5, 2013 11:41:20 AM

Thanks again Bruce.

Posted: Friday, July 5, 2013 11:29:02 AM

Ok. Thanks. I am happy that we gave it a try. Do you think by any chance easy language with tradestation might be able to do something like this? It appears that stockfinder can identify my pattern but does not have the capability of giving me my entry and exit for an accurate backtest. If you have any other thoughts let me know, I'd much appreciate it.

Posted: Friday, July 5, 2013 11:18:48 AM

Thanks Bruce. So- I understand what you are saying, is there any way for the program to recognize the high of bar 1 or the high of the last bar and enter that into memory and then do an addition equation of high + .01 to come up with a value and then set a trigger if that value is hit as my entry.

Posted: Friday, July 5, 2013 10:10:26 AM

Bruce - thanks - 1) Ok I hav estockfinder  becasuse they said TC 2000 not the right one.2) How to write that formula into Stockfinder as you wrote above BUTTTT are you saying I will not be able to backtest because I cannot add a entry formula line in? All I want to do is test my idea - backtest it, bu thave the entry as stated and then upon entry exit after .25 profit. SO in a nutshell - stockfinder cannot perform this for me? Thanks so much.

Posted: Wednesday, July 3, 2013 3:29:38 PM

Hey Bruce,Beginner - where do I start? I want to backtest SPY, 15 minute, to see what my results are .I use a price pattern &  2 simple MA crossovers. my SimpleMA ARE as follows: first one is a 3MA uses the close, blue & the second is 2MA of the 3MA, red. Which I have plotted on my chart.And my price pattern setup - if bar(1) open is > bar (1) close and if bar (2) open< bar (2) close AND 3MA blue is on TOP of 2MA red, then buy the breakout of the high of bar(2) +.01. Exit trade either bar(2) high entry +.25(win) or bar (2) high - .25 (stopped out). Now thats english - but how do I now write that? I am confused as to where to begin.1) this setup can occur at any point in the day.2) I do not use yesterdays closing bar and todays opening bar as a setup.3) once pattern occurs I only take that setup and go flat,  I do not take any others during the day.just want to backtest bu teasy language etc... see nothing maybe too adavnced for me?