Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: tradergarrett
About
User Name: tradergarrett
Groups: Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 9
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: PCF Help
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 11:45:54 AM

It' is unfortunate there is none available..

Like the simple or exponential MA, a shorter version for the WMA should also be constructed to join its cousins in avoiding long language and confusion. That is my suggestion and is simple logic.

In any case, thanks.

Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 8:29:45 AM

Bruce,

Thanks but was looking for the abbeviation. For example:.

Avg = Simple moving average

XAvg = is for exponential

Is there not one for the weighted MA? Could not find it.

Thanks again.

Posted: Monday, August 12, 2013 10:18:52 AM

I see the 20 simple moving avg is "AVGC20".

What is the PCF language for a 20 weighted MA.?

Thanks

Posted: Friday, August 2, 2013 12:14:52 PM

Julia,

As clearly stated, intraday etc is not the object, only at the end of day after the market closes. It one wants to view those stocks whose 20 day MA has now risen, this should be possible (just like the condition for "moving up net", etc.). Same principle.

Unless I am mistaken, the formula provided above by "stockguy" should do just that.

Again, thanks.

Posted: Friday, August 2, 2013 12:01:22 PM

Finally.

Thank you for your kind assistance.

Posted: Thursday, August 1, 2013 6:11:55 PM

Thank you for your interest.

If a 20 day MA (or any MA) has turned up at the end of the day's trading...on any price chart, I want to screen just for that condition and just for today,...NOT "crossing up thru another MA" or "moving up net"  etc, but at the end of today, the MA has turned up.

How does one do that in Easy Scan or in a PCF to obtain scan results just for that specific condition on an end of day basis?

Thanks.

Posted: Thursday, August 1, 2013 4:38:12 PM

You perhaps were answering someone else's question.

One final time...If  a 20 day MA turns up at the end of day,  how  can Easy Scan (or a pcf) identify that condition?

Once again, thank you.

Posted: Thursday, August 1, 2013 3:27:17 PM

Michael,

As a Gold member, I certainly appreciate your assistance. However, I assume a regular easy scan condition cannot be included to limit results to just a 20 MA turn up today. unless it's wrtten somehow using just a PCF formula.

Is that correct?

Thanks.

Posted: Thursday, August 1, 2013 2:09:04 PM

If an Easy Scan condition is for the 20 day MA to turn up, how does one limit that appearance in Easy Scan results to when that event occurs ONLY and NOT all those whose 20 day MA is rising for. the past 10 days?

Only that day event. How can one limit it in Easy Scan to that one event,,,a turn>.

TY