Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: BZHTrader
About
User Name: BZHTrader
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: RSI2 with various Indicators for Pullback Scan
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 2:12:14 PM

Wow, this is great Bruce.

I really do appreciate it, I will build the scan and report back.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Thank you & All the best

David

Topic: RSI2 with various Indicators for Pullback Scan
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:51:47 AM

Hello,

I am having trouble building an easy scan for a Pullback Scan, using the RSI 2 Period, and other defined parameters, including  Average Volume, Historical Volatility, ADX and the all important N-1, in the last trading days, closing price. Below is the "formula" in its complete form, with all the values shown.

I am not specifically looking for a PCF, but would probably need one for the close for trading days, as per N-1, as well as the X%, for the percentage of price below the previous days close.

1. The stock price must be above $5 per share and close above its 200‐day simple moving average. 

2. The stock’s average daily volume over the past 21 days (one trading month) must be
at least 250,000 shares per day. 

3. The stock’s 100‐day historical volatility is above 30. 

4. The stock’s 10‐day Average Directional Index (ADX) is above 30. 

5. The stock has closed down for N‐1 of the last N trading days, where N = 4, 5, or 6.
For example the stock has closed down 3 of the last 4 days.

6. Today the stock’s lowest price is at least X% (X = 3, 4, 5, or 6) below the previous day’s
close.

7. The 2‐period RSI value of the stock is below Y, where Y = 5, 10, 15, or 20.

8. If the above rules are met today, buy the stock tomorrow on a further intraday limit
Z% below today’s closing price (Z = 4, 6, 8, 10).

Any light you would be able to shed on this would be greatly appreciated. TC2000 is a fantastic tool, but I am still getting to know it, and the update to 12.4 is excellent, and I am sure I'm not even using half of it's capabilities.

With gracious thanks,

David