Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: jfgunter
About
User Name: jfgunter
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 29
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: how to create an index?
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 10:58:28 PM
Craig_S: Are you there? Am I right in my previoius post?
Posted: Saturday, May 24, 2008 12:14:55 AM
I've done that. I'm working with data from your canadian datafeed for blocks. I'm starting to think that this  indicator can only be calculated on watchlists (and data?) from Telechart. Is this correct?
Posted: Friday, May 23, 2008 8:33:59 PM
thanks, Craig.  I did what you said, in the pane, the little box now reads, "my positions" but there is not chart of the watchlist average ... there is no chart at all ...
Posted: Friday, May 23, 2008 4:40:12 PM
Bruce - When I click on that watchlilst average indicator, up comes the nasdaq 100, not the watchlist which i want to turn into an index. 

I have read quite a bit about blocks, been to a training session and have used computers since 1984. So, I'm not a newbie, but somehow I haven't yet "gotten" the drift of how blocks works. please, HELP. TIA. JfGunter
Posted: Friday, May 23, 2008 11:53:28 AM
Great discussion. We're talking about the web library for Blocks here? Bruce, do you know precisely how the indicator is referred to? Is it simply "watchlist average"? TIA - jfgunter
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2008 9:20:28 PM
great idea. How do I create this index in blocks, diceman? Craig?
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 9:07:42 PM
What I mean by equal investment is equal DOLLAR investment. So, there would be initially 1 share of the $20 stock, 1.33 shares of the $15 stock, 2 shares of the $10 stock, 4 shares of the $5 stock . 

I'd like to be able to track on a chart and a data sheet the progress of this index daily, weekly, monthly. 

I'll appreciate any guidance on how to create my index. Thankx inadvance. 

JfGunter

PS: for the suggestion box, it would be good to post PROMINENTLY on this site, that it only works with Internet Exploiter. I tried with Firefox, but couldn't get it to load properly. Thanks in advance. ...
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 1:46:41 AM
I'd like to create an equal dollar index frmo some stocks I am following. I saw an index created in the live training I went to, but didn't retain how to do it.

The stocks in question range from under a dollar to several dollars in price, and I'd like to assign an equal "investment" to each of 10-20 of them, and have Blocks create an index that i can see updated on a chart each day.

Thanks in advance for help on how to do this. pls. email to (email removed by Moderator)

Thanx
Topic: easyscan for elder "impulse system"
Posted: Friday, June 8, 2007 4:08:29 PM
Thanks, Bruce. Are you saying this formula alone, as a watchlist column, monitors BOTH change in MACD-H and in weekly EMA?
Topic: easyscan for elder "impulse system"
Posted: Friday, June 8, 2007 11:55:33 AM
I want to scan a list of preferred stocks for weekly change in "impulse" meaning change in both 13 wk EMA and MACD-H. Need to know when both have ticked up, and when both have ticked down.

I need a PCF to assess up or down movement in 13 wk. EMA and weekly MACD-H.

Perhaps indicate (in watchlist value +1 for up, 0 for no change, -1 for down.

I don't see how to do a PCF which looks at MACD-H. Would also appreciate help on how to implement EMA PCF.

Sorry, Im a long-time worden subscriber, but newbie to programming.

Thanx in advance.