Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Beliveau
About
User Name: Beliveau
Groups: Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 8
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Printing a Chart
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2018 8:47:41 AM

[QUOTE=wecoyote13]

When I right click and print chart my printer spools up but the sheet that comes out is white with nothing on it.  I don't have any problem with my other programs so it has to be a setting or problem with TC2000...any thoughts on troubleshooting this?  

Thanks....

[I have had a similar issue after going to version 18. The right click on the chart provides the option of printing the chart but like you the printer starts but page comes out blank. I have asked  support why this is and apparently some but not all of their users are experiencing the same issue. Support says they will send it to their IT group but nothing ever happens. It has a low priority. Something happened in the coding going from version 12 to 18. I was able to print on version 12 but not now on 18. It is most bothersome.

Thank you.

Topic: scans
Posted: Wednesday, October 2, 2013 3:42:10 PM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

You said the time frame of all of the conditions in the EasyScan were daily. The EasyScan will only return true based on the conditions which are actually in the EasyScan. The time frame settings of the RSI based EasyScan Condition would need to be hourly for the EasyScan to return true.

I thank you for your time. It has been most informative.

Bob

Posted: Wednesday, October 2, 2013 3:13:51 PM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

I have no way to access the settings on your account or see what you are or were doing in the program. What are the settings of your RSI that AC.B.TO would have been crossing up through 40 in a daily time frame?

RSI 14 was crossing up through 40 in an hourly chart of AC.B.TO

Posted: Wednesday, October 2, 2013 1:58:55 PM

AC.B.TO at 9:45 Oct 1, 2013 on weekly chart did not show on a scan I did yesterday but on the same chart time frame same day and time there were two others with identical chart patterns all at 9:45 and it was only later in the day when I came across AC.B.TO quite by accident that I began to wonder why it hadn't appeared on the scan. Unfortunately I cannot recall the other two stocks, both out of TO.

I agree with your comment that this should not happen but in looking at my scan parameters AC.B should have been included. My scan parameters were TSX,  volume greater than 50,000, price greater than $3.00, price less than $30.00, RSI going up through 40, all daily. Is there any way to follow my work in your system?

I cannot provide any further details. If this is too non specific please let me know and I will move on.

Thanks.

Bob

Posted: Wednesday, October 2, 2013 11:39:24 AM

Thanks for the reply. One other question. Why does a scan capture only certain stocks that have my choice of conditions and not other stocks  which have those same conditions and in the same time frame?

Bob

Posted: Wednesday, October 2, 2013 10:57:20 AM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

What are the settings of the Bollinger Band and what is the time frame of the chart?

Beyond the particular example, are you just interested in the results of the previous bar, or do you want to check for more than one bar?

Does the bar need to close the Bollinger Band or does the low just need to be below the Bollinger Band?

I was looking at the weekly chart i.e. 15 minute. It also appeared in the monthly chart on an hourly basis 

The Bollinger Bands are 20 2..  The low just needs to be below the lower bollinger band and ultimately it will rise back into it. So that is just one bar.

I just cannot understand why in my scan didn't capture AC.B.TO. I know that once it is past the formula gets quite involved but I did another scan using the monthly chart ie hourly and it captured similar movement on other stocks but not this one.

Thanks, Bob

Posted: Wednesday, October 2, 2013 9:10:29 AM

Yesterday, October 1 at 9:45 am AC.B.TO had a price point below the lower Bollinger Band. If I wanted to capture that event and it was 9:46 am yesterday, what would the scan have looked like?

Topic: Price point below lower Bollinger band
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 12:40:36 PM

Hi, I would like to know how to develop a scan to capture a price point below the lower Bollinger band. I know that if the condition doesn't exist at the moment I am scanning then the stock will not appear in the scan results. I would, however, like to see that situation in a scan result. So if the condition existed earlier today I would like to know how I would write the scan to capture the situation regardless of whether or not it is true now. What would the scan requirement look like?

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you

Beliveau