Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: raworks
About
User Name: raworks
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 8
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: PCF
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2016 8:54:24 PM

Using PCFs I can write Max(Xavg34,20) to get the maximum value for an exponential moving average of 34 period over the last 20 days. How do I do the same with a Hull moving averag?

Topic: bollinger band %b
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 1:50:13 PM

when i search in the forum for %B or %b i get no matches no matter how i try with the options. when i use Bollinger %b i get a lot of hits for Bollinger but anything about just %b is mixed in with massive amounts of just Bollinger hits. how do i find the topics just related to %B.

and while you are answering this could you also add the PCF that computes %B. thanks.

Topic: Min(stoc12.5,12)<20
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2014 1:48:17 PM

How do I do this for 100 periods ago?  It would be really nice if the menu where I define a PCF woulkd offer a choice of how many periods ago I would like the condition to be applied so I could search in an EasyScan for satisfaction of all my conditions say 100 periods ago say & see what has resulted since .

Or maybe this needs to be an option in an EasyScan that the scan is done say 100 periods ago so I can see the results since.

Topic: Can you tell me how to create a condition when the bollinger bands squeeze together?
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2013 1:21:08 AM

But your equation only addresses the upper Bollinger Band compared to the upper Keltner channel and my question was about the bandwidths. It is not always the case that if the upper BB is inside the upper Keltner channel that the lower BB is inside the lower Keltner channel.

Before I go on perhaps I need to do the other seraches you suggest & see what is there.

Topic: Can you tell me how to create a condition when the bollinger bands squeeze together?
Posted: Wednesday, December 25, 2013 2:10:30 AM

Hmm, suppose I want know when they narrow to the point that the Bollinger Band Width is less then the Keltner channel 20,1.5,10 where the first number (20) sets the periods for the exponential moving average. The second number (1.5) is the ATR multiplier. The third number (10) is the number of periods for Average True Range (ATR).

Topic: Price Volatility Ranks between 50 & max
Posted: Monday, June 4, 2012 6:27:34 PM

Thank you

Posted: Monday, June 4, 2012 1:47:07 PM

Pardon me if I think you have not really answered my question.

In finance, the Beta (&beta;) of a stock or portfolio is a number describing the volatility of an asset in relation to the volatility of the benchmark that said asset is being compared to. This benchmark is generally the overall financial market and is often estimated via the use of representative indices, such as the S&P 500.[

Given this definition of Beta and the fact that it is a column choice, how do I use that column value in an easy scan where I can rank the values so I get Prive Volatility Ranks between 50 & Max

Posted: Monday, June 4, 2012 12:36:00 PM

This is a condition in one of the canned easy scans. I look for price volatility in conditions & indicators and it is not there. I also can not expand it to see how it is formed. Probably derived from Beta, a column choice but how does a column choice become something that is ranked in an easy scan?