Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Macboy
About
User Name: Macboy
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 8
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Fractal
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2012 10:42:36 PM

Does StockFinder provide the FX Markets?

Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2012 11:20:35 PM

Thank you Bruce this is the version of Fractals that I’m looking for.

Now that we’ve established this, let me explain to you what I really want.

I like to keep my currency pairs in a workspace for every pair I watch, comprising of four charts, a daily, 4 hour, 1 hour and 15 minute.

I start with the Daily and switch it to Monthly and apply my Fractal Indicator, I mark the closest fractal above price with red horizontal line on the tip of the swing low. I then mark the closest fractal below price with a red horizontal line on the tip of the swing high.

I then switch the chart to weekly and mark the closet fractal above price on the tip of the swing low with a blue horizontal line, sometimes the weekly fractal is the same as the monthly so the higher timeframe would take priority with a red horizontal line. The same procedure applies for the closest fractal below price.

I then switch to a Daily and apply the same process with black horizontal lines.

I then move to my 4-hour chart and mark the closest fractal above and below price with dashed horizontal lines and this is as far as I go.

I have my charts programmed so the lines appear on all the four timeframes so on my 15 minute chart where I execute my entries, in a perfect situation I would see dashed horizontal lines either side of price showing 4 hour fractals, then black horizontal lines either side of price showing daily fractals, then blue horizontal lines either side of price showing weekly fractals and so on and so forth.

The problem is when price moves through one of these lines the other line has to be adjusted to keep the colors above and below price.

This is a time consuming procedure as I am following 10 currency pairs and I can only really do it effectively with 4 pairs.

The big question is can a PCF be written to do this automatically?

In my opinion this would be an excellent indicator as its pretty amazing watching price react of these lines and various strategies can be implemented around this system.

Posted: Tuesday, June 5, 2012 10:03:27 PM

Bruce,

It's plotting the dot 2 bars to the right instead of above the high.

It's also missing some conitions especially to the far right of the chart.

Topic: Daily Range
Posted: Monday, June 4, 2012 9:32:28 PM

Exactly, this is why I am testing and assessing TC 2000.

I want program my watch lists with conditions for my FX Strategies, to do all the donkey work. It should save me lots of time and eye ball power!!

Yes it does work perfectly I checked with my current charting package which has this study but more sophisticated. It marks the chart where the range is and what percentage it has moved on that perticular day as a percentage.

Posted: Monday, June 4, 2012 8:15:16 PM

I day trade the FX Market. When I incert it in my watch list columns it marks the pairs that have equalled or exceeded the daily range of the ATR5.

I use a strategy where at the London close the currency pair retraces which is a higher probability if it has exceeded the Daily Range of the ATR5 and hit support or resistance.

Posted: Monday, June 4, 2012 7:02:21 PM

I am unable to find Fractals in the indicator library.

I would like to write a PCF for Fractals. This would be a 5 bar pattern where a swing high would have 2 lower highs on each side of the high, the high would be marked by an object like a triangle or dot just above its tip. The exact oppisite would apply for a swing low, where the low would have to lower lows each side of the low.

Posted: Monday, June 4, 2012 6:51:25 PM

Thank you that works good.

Is there any way this could be optimised so the current ATR5 Rage is marked on a 15/60 minute chart dynamically.

Posted: Sunday, June 3, 2012 7:21:33 PM

I would like to write a formula, Day's Range >= ATR5

Please help!!!