New version 18 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: dhirenshah
About
User Name: dhirenshah
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 400
[0.14% of all post / 0.16 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Linear Regression Line
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 3:10:05 PM

Awesome thankyou 

Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 2:50:19 PM

Bruce one question 25% of bar near low is ABS( H + 3 * L) / 4 so what is pcf for 10%, 15% and 20% of the bar near low 

And 

75% of the bar near high is ABS(3 * H + L) / 4 so what is pcf for  90%, 85% and 80% of the bar near high

thanks 

Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 1:09:26 PM

Ok got it , thankyou i can play around this idea

cheers

Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 12:41:15 PM

Bruce thankyou but what i m trying to get is linear regression lines like in straight lines attached is the image, 

Like when using drawing tool RAFF regression Channel it gives centre and upper and lower straight line from left to right end point that what i m trying to get in linear lines, hope the image helps

https://www.dhirenshah.com/304-2/

Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 1:30:12 AM

hey Bruce 

How to write pcf for Linear regression centre Line with 1 and 2 standard deviations for 252 periods

thanks 

Topic: shorten formula
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 3:16:33 PM

Yup that works 

thanks 

Cheers

Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 3:09:24 PM

Thankyou Bruce you never disappoint , appreciate everything i can tweak with pcf and work with it, 

Lastly can u please write inverse of this formula 

ABS(C > O) * (O - L) + ABS(C < O) * (C - L)

Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 2:31:03 PM

Okay Bruce the formula is suppose to return a SPIKE when two things happen(ypu can give e two seperate pcf if you wish)

IF current green bar body was greater in percentage value compare to the green bar body of past 

so example of CHS on daily as link given above it was 75% when i posted and previous one on OCT 30,2018 was 80.52% on daily chart

But as of now the CHS body has grown to 87% which is greater then 80.52% of past fat bar

so thats where PCF&#39;s should return as true 

second PCF the current green bar body must be greater in %tage comparison to all the only green bodies compared within last 50 bars and returned spike (so that includes hammer, doji, or all the wick bars that you see in the image )

and need same for RED bars

Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 1:49:11 PM

Bruce please see the link

https://www.dhirenshah.com/fat-green-bars-relative-to-green-bars-of-past-to-its-left-comparison/

https://www.dhirenshah.com/fat-green-bars-relative-to-green-bars-of-past-to-its-left/

Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 12:41:18 PM

Bruce i m sure there is a formula for this in terms of ratio 1 :1, how to write 

"CURRENT Body Size of the Green Bar relative to the Body size of the green bars to the left of it, is greater then 1 and that pcf checking should go upto 50 bars to the left 

I m not looking for wicks here i m looking for Open and close being greater then open and close relative to its past green bars

I only could write it like this for current bar but how to check for past 

100 * ABS(C - O) / (H - L)

And same i need for the red bars too

thanks