Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: hcfritz
About
User Name: hcfritz
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 7
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Scan Alerts question
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 3:00:02 PM

Hi;

I am trying to create a scan that will alert me when stocks in a 150 stock universe are in the "high" or "low" end of their dividend yield range over the past 6 ir 8 years.  ie.. since 2007, EMR has traded in a range from a low yield of 1.8% in 2007 to a high of 5.4% in 2009, averaging a range of 2.4% to 3.8%, price moving inversely.  Looking to buy at the high yield end of the range and selling at the low end.

What I want to be able to find out is when the stock is trading close to its high yield, low price and vice versa.

How can I set up a scan for this?

Thanks

Fritz

Topic: Inside days
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 10:30:22 PM
thank you very much for the help, and especially so quickly.
Peace out and Merry Christmas.
Hugh
Topic: Inside days
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:01:59 PM
How can I write as part of a pcf the criterion........" ............three consecutive lower lows or any combination or of 2 lower lows and an inside day.?"
thx,
HCI
Topic: Replies to " Click the New Topic button to ask your question..."
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 9:47:02 PM
How can I set up pcfs and an easyscan to find stocks for the long side, which have an ADX(14)>35, +DI(14)>-DI(14), fast%KStoch(8,1)<40
Topic: ADX and DMI
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 2:11:10 PM
OK, Doug Thanks for your input, and Tanstaafl thank you for your help also.
hc fritz
Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 6:22:05 PM
So, if ADX was, say,one of four criteria, I would have to scan by the other three criteria to get a list of stocks, which would not have any ADX characteristics that I was looking for, but have all the rest. Then sort this "semi-final" list by the ADX sort method given in the video, which would identify candidates to look at.
h.c. fritz
Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 3:45:19 PM
How do I write a pcf, say catching stocks with an ADX > 35 and DMI > DMI with a 14 day look period?
Thanks
H.C. Fritz