Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: dlefkowitz
About
User Name: dlefkowitz
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 32
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: formula help
Posted: Wednesday, June 4, 2014 6:24:16 PM

This is a really poor response.  I'm not asking for investment advice, only asking you to help me understand one of your indicators.  You (Worden) should be ashamed! David

Posted: Tuesday, June 3, 2014 10:28:47 AM

When short interest money moves into the market on an equity, would TSV show a positive move just like i would if long interest was active on that same security? David

Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 5:00:31 PM

Will get my thoughts together, then schedule. D

Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 12:35:55 PM

Thanks for your help.  Though I understand you can't design my scans, may I schedule an hour phone consultation with you at a time convenient to you?  Jerry suggested that you are available for these consultations, as I did in the past with Julia.before she left Worden.  I would get my thinking organized first, outlining in an emal areas where I need help, and then you could point me in the correct direction in a phone consultation.  Please let me know if you would have time for this. David

Posted: Friday, May 16, 2014 6:08:02 PM

Bruce,

As you will remember, I am a long momentum trader. Recently, with so many down days, I have decided that I must look at downward momentum and consider the short side of trading. I have been using ROC % 10>10 Wkly as a "long" condition, and I cannot figure out how to turn this around so that I can can look at the worst US common stocks regarding % rate of change. Could you help me design this condition for a new EasyScan. Also, what else do you suggest as a condition (s) that would help me capture US common stocks with extremely negative momentum. I want to be able to define the "worst of the worst". Thank you, David

Posted: Monday, April 28, 2014 11:03:40 AM

Help me understand why, when I create an indicator formula ((C-C1)/C1)*100 using weekly bars (to indicate price % change over the last week) and make a Easyscan column from it but then, when I create the formula ((C-C5)/C5)*100 using daily bars and make a secondEasyscan column from it, the two columns are not exactly the same. Ihave tried it several times, and the columns have different numbers.

Topic: Help with an EasyScan Formula
Posted: Saturday, April 5, 2014 2:13:57 PM

Bruce, thank you for your help with your answers (above). I certainly understand what you are suggesting, but I'm having some difficulty getting it to work. Following your instructions, I can create
columns for my indicator's simple moving averages. But after creating those columns (SMA of indicator number 1, SMA have indicator number 2, SMA have indicator number 3, and SMA have indicator number 4, I do not know how to write the formula to sum these moving averages and then divide by 4 (n)and thereby generate a composite indicator average. The column that contains the composite indicator average for the entire watchlist should then enable me to sort that column from highest to lowest, which is my objective. Thank you for your help with this. David

Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 12:09:33 PM

Bruce, How can I send you a brief question by email?  I would copy and paste it here, but it contains a graphic and I can not get it accepted into this space.  David

Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 4:04:37 PM

I now understand.  Especially important is why doing it makes no sense whatsoever.  Thanks, David

Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 2:48:13 PM

Bruce,

Help me create a % rate of change indicator that measures the percent rate of change of TSV. When I attempt to create this indicator myself, the Data Source is "grayed out" and I am unable to change the data source from price to TSV. I emailed Worden.com for help and they created the indicator for me, but I cannot seem to do it myself. Thanks, David