Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: deejhiebert
About
User Name: deejhiebert
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 3
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Scanning an existing scan and watchlist simultaneously
Posted: Sunday, June 8, 2014 10:51:51 AM

Wondering if the following is possible:

I wish to create a watchlist of stocks, and then create a scan of these stocks to see if they have other scans in common. For example: First thing in the AM, I will make a watchlist of pre-market movers. I want to scan this list of stocks, while at the same time, scan the list of stocks that are in say one of the pre-built scans... maybe Poppers, or Super Active today.  That way I will know which of the stocks on my first watchlist are the best candidates... Is this possible?

Topic: Scan to find stocks on higher than normal volume.
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 3:49:56 PM

Thank you Bruce!!! I had seen volume buzz before, but didn't know what it meant.... but now I do, and it will work perfectly for what I am doing.

David

Topic: Scan to find stocks on higher than normal volume.
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2014 4:18:10 PM

I'm wondering how I could build a PCF that would find stocks that have higher than normal volume. Ideally the PCF would be added to a watchlist that would show the ratio of current days volume vs AVG50 day volume.  For example, if a stock normally trades 2 million a day on average, but at 10:00 in the morning, it was already at 4 million, then my watchlist column may show "2:1"meaning that it is double. Or say it was at only 1 million, then maybe it could read "0.5:1".

It doesn't have to be exactly like that, but this should give you an idea of what I'm trying to build. Can anyone help me?

David