Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: kbtoys41
About
User Name: kbtoys41
Groups: Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 8
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Advance Decline
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 10:17:54 AM

Thanks StockGuy!

Does anybody know how to build an Advance/Decline in RealCode?

Topic: Advance Decline
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 8:24:29 PM

Hey everyone,

How would I create a Advance-Decline Line on RealCode Editor. I know how to imput the actual indicator but then there are no values that pop up? I want it to scan the S&P 500.

Could you also add a 20 day moving average... when the indicator is above the 20 sma the chart is green and when the its below its red...  But the day it turns either green or red I want the indicator to wait 1 more day to limit whipsaws. So if on Monday its over the 20 sma and then Tuesday it drops below the 20 sma it still would be Green for that delay....Hope that helps more...

Thanks everyone!

Topic: Money Flow
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 11:30:03 AM

Bruce,

Lets say for AAPL.. I want the total amount of up ticks and down ticks for the day (Calculated separtely)... Is that possible?

Thanks!

Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 9:53:54 AM

Bruce,

Thanks for the prompt response.  What I'm looking to do is to find stocks that have a positive 1% change over the last week & significant money flows & distributive volume is coming out of the particular security (Selling on strength)...

http://online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3022-mflppg-moneyflow.html  

This is what I'm trying to replicate if it sounds confusing... ^^^^ 

We can use the usual money flow calculations... I'm looking to implement the 1%+ change over the last week.

* 1. Typical Price = (High + Low + Close)/3
  * 2. Raw Money Flow = Typical Price x Volume
  * 3. Positive Money Flow = Sum of positive Raw Money Flow over 14 periods. 
  * 4. Negative Money Flow = Sum of negative Raw Money Flow over 14 periods. 
  * 5. Money Flow Ratio = (Positive Money Flow)/(Negative Money Flow)
  * 6. Money Flow Index = 100 - 100/(1 + Money Flow Ratio)

Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 12:59:54 AM

I'm looking customize the Money Flow Index and be able to scan outflows and inflows intraday & on a daily basis in any security..

Is it possible to scan for large block trades?  signficant volume distribution from a stock?

If possible, I would like to be able to scan significant outflows on stocks underlying strength...

If possible, I would like to be able to scan for buying on stock weakness...

Chart below to give a better explaination!

Thank you very much!!!

TOTAL MONEY FLOW
BLOCK TRADES
Company Price Chg % Chg 1-wk
% chg
Money Flow Tick
Up
Tick
Down
Up/Down Ratio Money Flow Tick
Up
Tick
Down
Up/Down Ratio
AT&T (T) $31.74 0.02 0.06 2.85 $-128.77 $85.53 $214.30 0.40 $-123.67 $10.02 $133.69 0.07
Qualcomm (QCOM) 63.26 1.40 2.26 1.62 -92.85 159.97 252.82 0.63 -88.09 35.01 123.10 0.28

Topic: TSV
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:18:00 AM

I want to implement TSV into my trading strategy. What time frames on TSV do you recommend when only using a daily chart? I want to use multiple time frames on TSV so it can show weakness in short term yet not get bluffed out by using a longer timeframe...

Anybody have any suggestions with using TSV? Any modifications? 

Thanks!

Topic: Income funds, took a big hit, Curious
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2012 8:22:33 PM

Thank you very much & it is a very interesting concept (and works)! Is there anything you recommed to modify the indicator to have better peformance intraday? Do you have any indicators that measure volitilty and volume together? 

Thank you very much wwrightjuly4

Topic: Income funds, took a big hit, Curious
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2012 5:16:04 PM

Hey wwrightjuly4

Could you explain the Volitily Stop=Go indicator that you created? It seems great if I knew how to read it lol.... 

What does it all measure?

Thanks!