Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: tburgin1
About
User Name: tburgin1
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 6
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Bollinger band envelope formula: Please convert for TC2000 v.12
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:59:42 AM
QUOTE (tburgin1)
When the Upper and Lower Bollinger Bands are placed on the Price window there is a problem.  The lower band is sometime higher than the upper band.  I could see after a long steady pice they could come togreather but not cross.

Is the formual correct for the formual I gave you or the orginal formual incorrect?
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:58:53 AM
When the Upper and Lower Bollinger Bands are placed on the Price window there is a problem.  The lower band is sometime higher than the upper band.  I could see after a long steady rpice they could come togreather but not cross.

Is the formual correct for the formual I gave you or the orginal formual incorrect?
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2011 2:14:55 PM
QUOTE (Bruce_L)
There is no way to apply a Personal Criteria Formula to another PCF unless you can manually do the math to create a PCF which combines them.

You can create any of these formulas as an Indicator Formula in TC2000 version 12 by selecting Indicators | New Indicator Formula and then pasting the formula into the Edit PCF window using ctrl-v on the keyboard.

If you want to plot the indicators on Price, I would suggest using the second two formulas given in my original reply. Select Add Indicator | Custom PCF Channel Indicator. Then click in the Custom PCF Channel Indicator to Edit it. There will be boxes in the window where you can put the Indicator Line Formula and Channel Width Formula which were provided above.

Indicators, Sorting & Scanning
Posted: Friday, September 23, 2011 9:31:51 PM
How do I put a personnal formula on my personnal formaul?  I do I use the formaul to plot it on a price chart?
Posted: Friday, September 23, 2011 12:19:18 PM

(a)    upperBE=Average(high,n) + m*stdevp(high, n)

(b)   lowerBE= Average(low,n)- m*stdevp(low, n)

(c)    defarult of n=20

(d)   Default for m=1.7 (set to approximately equal the containment characteristics of similar BBs)

(e)   Average can be any type of averages simple, exponential, weighted or gausses.

(f)     Middle Band = (upperBE+lowerBE)/2

Topic: Bollinger envelopes
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:40:13 AM
What mus you do to place   Bollinger envelopeson the chart page?  Also is there a vidio or PDF file for creating you own fomula?