Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: charliegemail
About
User Name: charliegemail
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 13
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: ALERTS IN VERSION -16
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2015 11:48:41 PM

Will alerts in V16 continue to only be available for 'real time permission' folks (Platinum?) or will the final version have a reduced number available for Gold members as 12.6 does?

Topic: Need help creating a custom column for watch list
Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2015 10:56:55 AM

If you're using the watchlist column set, it  should be included already. If not, and you have columns that include entry price and # of shares then click on the '+' add column button to the right of your column header. Go down the list that come up to 'watchlist tracking', click the '+' there to expand that list and then click on 'Tracking Gain/Loss' . that should do it.

Topic: How can I download the 12.0 Beta? Plat user
Posted: Sunday, April 6, 2014 5:02:28 PM

Here is a past from Email announcement on new beta version

We simplified the process of setting and managing your alerts in TC2000. The alert console and message notification window are much easier to operate and understand. We think you'll like the improvements. There is a pre-release available at www.TC2000.com/beta. This will not overwrite or harm your existing version. You are welcome to start using it now or you can wait for it to be officially released at TC2000.com in the next several weeks.

TC2000 alerts can be applied to price, moving averages, trendlines, technical indicators, company fundamentals, or any other data. They are not canned alerts that go out to everybody like you find in other software. You set the parameters, timeframes and conditions for your own custom alerts.

This 10 minute video walks you through setting and managing alerts.

Notifications can be sent to your email, cell phone and inside your software. Your TC2000 does not need to be running to receive alert notifications. You don't even need to keep your computer on. Our servers monitor all of your alerts in real-time and notify you the second they trigger.

Topic: PPO Histogram-Value turning Positive from Negaive
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 4:29:07 PM

Bruce, re your post of 10-4-2012 on PPO Histogram; I wanted to do a PCF to simply determine whether it was above or below zero, for a scan. In testing your PCF from the post as an indicator, without the greater than operator, the top portion, for the current day/period, the result showed as zero. By multiplying that part of the PCF by 100, as the PPO formula reaquires, the PCF gives the value presented on the chart. I was thinking that might be the source of the case #8894 problem, too many decimals.

Now my question, the second part of my scan involved the coincidence of PPO histogram 8-12-7 also being < 0. If the above doesn&#39;t help with the Indicator condition problem, could you post the formula for histogram 8-12-7.

You do amazing things with your math and these formulas. Thanks for your help!

Topic: Discrepancy between representation of BOP in weekly and daily charts.
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2012 10:59:23 AM

It seems the calculation method for TC2000 ver 12 would be the more accurate at end of week but look at INFI - daily is solid positive BOP in the range +60 to +100 since 7/1/2012 but for the same period weekly is all -100 red BOP.

Topic: Discrepancy between representation of BOP in weekly and daily charts.
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2012 9:08:42 AM

About a month ago (Aug 25) I had a chat session with Marcus regarding the display of Bop in weekly and daily charts resulting in his statement that he would refer the problem and have a response emailed to me. To date I have not received that response.

To restate the problem, weekly charts fail to display extensive periods of Green BOP and instead show Red Bop during those periods. Example from our discussion was RAX. Checking the same weekly chart in 2007, the green BOP is displayed.

To demonstrate the problem today I did the following 

Created PCF   max(BOP,15)  -maximum BOP over last 15 periods (weekly)-   and used as condition in scan: value less than -8 (minus 8) weekly. Pulled 327 stocks. Set up weekly and daily templates in both 2007 and 2000 V12 with same time frame in all 4 charts; approximately Nov 2011 to current, in 2007 daily zoom at 3 and weekly zoom at 7 &ndash; ver 12 adjusted with slider bar at bottom of charts.

In most instances  ver 12 weekly chart failed to display extensive green BOP when it was evident on daily chart.

In 2007, daily chart was identical to ver 12 but weekly chart did show green BOP which ver 12 failed to do.

Has there been any investigation into this anomoly, or is it known and just something we must live with?

Topic: pcf for exponential avg TSV
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2012 8:20:48 PM

Thanks Bruce,   I found the PCF Formula Descriptions after I posted and am using it along with the Handy PCF doc to develop a spreadsheet to write the formulas based on input for the w, x and z criteria. As noted in the PCF Formula Descriptions I&#39;ll have to omit the possibility of the w criteria for MIN, MAX, AVG AND XAVG for formulas and functions.

The Boolean PCFs for candlesticks is exactly what I was hoping for.

A separate note, I found the full list of TC2007 training videos - which being short and very specific will be helpful as far as they apply to V12

Thanks again for your help.

Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2012 12:39:11 AM

I&#39;m don&#39;t know why the diacriticals, apostrophe &#39;  and quotes " came out so weird in the above post. I think they were alright in the preview pane. Maybe because I typed in Word then pasted to the post thru the security box.

Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2012 12:29:43 AM

I have two questions regarding PCF formulae for TSV.

First, on my charts, I have been using TSV with exponential average (Technitrader chart templates) and when I create a PCF condition e.g.  MAX(TSV18,10) I find that the charts of the scan results don&rsquo;t necessarily agree with the condition. What I discovered is that the PCF condition is calculating TSV with Simple average while the chart depicts exponential. If I create a condition from the indicator on the chart, it does use the selected, i.e. exponential, average; but I can&rsquo;t get the &ldquo;personal&rdquo; flavor of MIN/MAX etc.

Question 1 is, can we write a PCF for TSV with exponential average.

Question 2 is, can we make the exponential PCF for &ldquo;z&rdquo; days ago value rather than the current value (as we can in the simple average PCF : MAX(TSV18.z,10)?  

While I&rsquo;m asking questions, is there a single source Manual available for PCF language which would reduce the sometimes tedious and time consuming (even though often enlightening) search through the discussions and if so, is it current with TC2000 version 12?

Finally, last question, I promise, has anyone published a definitive and tested set of PCFs for the major candle patterns Morning/evening star, bullish/bearish harami etc. etc.?

Thanks for your fantastic help with all our questions.

Topic: Moving Linear Regression Crossover
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2012 11:06:48 AM

Bruce,

you&#39;re amazing. I don&#39;t know how you do that so fast.

Thanks once again

Charlie