New version 17 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: chris100
About
User Name: chris100
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 9
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Intraday market internals
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:31:41 AM

Is there a way to view the market internals intraday for daytrading purposes? I usually monitor the $TICK and $NYAD along with the SPY, but I was really hoping for something like $UVOL and $DVOL. I cant find anything like this in tc2000 except the T2s which seem to only work on a daily chart. Thanks.

Topic: Consolidation after recent high
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 1:25:29 PM

thanks bruce!

Topic: Consolidation after recent high
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 12:21:21 PM

Is there a way to determine the % difference between a recent high and then the lowest point after that recent high?

Basically what im trying to do is determine if there was a tight consolidation after a stock made a recent high.

Lets say im using MAXH50 intraday and the value of that was 10 bars ago before it broke out to a new high. I want to know what was the low between the MAXH50 and the most recent new high.

Thanks.

Topic: Filtering out choppy stocks
Posted: Sunday, September 30, 2012 12:29:05 AM

I have been trying to figure out a way to filter out stocks that are choppy vs stocks that arent. The best way to describe this is by an example.

I want to be able to see stocks that are trading like this:

http://i.imgur.com/D1cOu.jpg

versus more choppy stocks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/vgQNN.jpg

These are cvlt on 9/27 and chk on 9/28 on the 5 minute time frame. Both of these stocks formed inside bars on the 15 minute chart, but obviously one stocks looks better than the other. Is there a volatility indicator/PCF or something else anyone can think of to filter out these types of choppy charts on the 5 minute time frame?

I tried filtering using adx but it doesnt seem to help. I have use a shorter time frame to filter out the choppiness but seems to filter out a lot of winners too. Any advise would be appreciated.

Topic: Counting new highs
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2012 9:59:13 AM

Is there a way to create an indicator that counts how many new intraday highs/lows a stock has made on any one timeframe? Im trying to filter out stocks that have sharp moves up versus ones that have a consistent and steady move to them.

Topic: MACD for 2 ADXs
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2012 1:56:12 PM

Hi, I have 2 ADX lines plotted, and what i want to do is create a PPO or MACD of the 2 ADX lines. Basically I want to see if the shorter term ADX is increasing faster than the longer term ADX line. I feel I could create a PCF of this myself but I am not sure how to calculate ADX itself. I would prefer a PPO of the two lines if this is possible. I am using a 7 and 14 period ADX. Thanks.

Topic: Average true range as percentage of price
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 7:11:07 PM

This is what I came up with for an indicator if anyone is interested:

((h14/l14-1)+(h13/l13-1)+(h12/l12-1)+(h11/l11-1)+(h10/l10-1)+(h9/l9-1)+(h8/l8-1)+(h7/l7-1)+(h6/l6-1)+(h5/l5-1)+(h4/l4-1)+(h3/l3-1)+(h2/l2-1)+(h1/l1-1))/14

Topic: Average true range as percentage of price
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 6:29:52 PM

Is there an indicator or PCF that acts similar as ATR except shows it in percentage based on price. For example, instead of showing stocks that have a 14 day ATR of .7 I want the stock to average at least 1% volatility for the past 14 day. Thanks.

Topic: Support on moving average
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:42:49 PM

I am trying to identify stocks that are finding support on the xavg8. The only thing I can think of to do this is to have a set % that the low of the candle must be within in accordance to the moving average. For example:

abs(L-xavg8)<=xavg8*.001

Is there a better way to go about this? I find higher priced stocks have a lot more freedom with how far off the moving average they can be when I use a set percentage.

Thanks.