Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: rtdip
About
User Name: rtdip
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Location Illinois
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 79
[0.03% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: pcf - XAVGC5 above XAVGC23 last 30 days
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 2:18:43 PM
Thankyou Bruce, for the formula - I copied & pasted and it works like a charm (sure saved a lot of typing).
Topic: pcf - XAVGC5 above XAVGC23 last 30 days
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:48:06 PM
What would be the best way to determine whether XAVGC5 stayed above XAVGC23 for the last 30 days?
I tried; MIN(XAVGC5.1,29) > MAX(XAVGC23.1,29) and finally figured out why it can't work.
Will I have to test each day individually? (such as; XAVGC5.29 > XAVGC23.29 AND XAVGC5.28 > XAVGC23.28 AND ....... etc., etc.)
Topic: pcf: 5dy MAX TSV14 ma8
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2010 3:48:28 PM
Thanks Bruce - that should do the trick.

Can I assume that there is no MIN or MAX expression since this involves a ma of a ma?
Topic: pcf: 5dy MAX TSV14 ma8
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2010 6:35:29 PM
I'm trying to come up with a pcf : (a 5dy high of TSV14 8dy sma) TSV14 8dy sma > 4dy MAX TSV14 8dy sma 1day ago.

So far I have :  AVG(TSV14,8) > MAX  ............ 

Any suggestions?
Topic: White background - note charts are black
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2010 1:24:12 PM
QUOTE (Michael_T)
rtdip,

There is no way to change the chart note background color. It is a default.

Thanks Michael. I thought that might be the case.
Topic: White background - note charts are black
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2010 4:41:17 PM
I recently changed to white background for charts. Now, when I create a note, the chart that accompanies it has a black background. Since I changed price bars to black, before I create a note I have to temporarily change bars to a light color so they are visible.

Is there any way to specify white background for "note" charts?
Topic: pcf - BOP20 > MAX(BOP20.1,7)
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2010 7:43:55 PM
Everything is OK now.

I made the mistake of modifying the name of both pcf''s after they had been calculated.  I copied / deleted / pasted & saved, then calculated and now they both work.  I vaguely remembered a similar instance where, after modifying a name, I had a problem.  It's possible that the next download / calculate would have been OK but I would have had to wait until Tuesday to find out.

Thanks StockGuy for your response.
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2010 6:04:41 PM
After restarting PC, still same problem - neither pcf will perform a sort.  I have a few chores to do now but later I'll set both up as a %true custom indicator then see if they will sort as an indicator.  Should be interesting.
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2010 4:12:42 PM
QUOTE (StockGuy)
Did you calculate the PCFs after adding the new one?

Yes, I did.  Just to be sure, I checked again and all is up to date.

I also created another pcf ( BOP20 < 0 ) and it was working fine.  Since this post it is now responding the same way!  Maybe some sort of PC problem?  I am going to reboot and see what happens - I'll be back.
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2010 3:00:45 PM
I created this pcf to spot 8 day high of BOP20.  I tested CLDX and result = TRUE.
When used as a sort, I get no results - even when watchlist includes CLDX.  Does anyone have an idea why this is?