Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: yjshaham
About
User Name: yjshaham
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 30
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: A couple of my watchlists show up empty
Posted: Monday, February 3, 2014 10:22:53 AM

1.  Can they be restored (from a copy you have)?

2.  What might be the cause

3.  What's the limit on the number of watchlists?

Topic: price adjusted splits
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2014 2:55:39 PM

My tools are set to show the splits and adjust (by default), but for BIB daily I have unadjusted chart with a jump.  Why?

Topic: My suggestions list
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2013 5:59:53 PM

Bruce,

First I would like to congratulate the team on solving the availability of drawing tools in charts in 2 ways.  I am very pleased.

I would like to revisit my other suggestions, see if they are being considered:

1. ability to export watchlit data to Excel

2. ability to modify key parameters in uneditable indicators  and conditions, for example, to set the nuber of days in Price Trends vs. the Market.

3. Having a short key for horizontal lines

New suggestions:

1.  Every year or 2 let Gold members experience the Platinum version for say a month, to let people evaluate it and decide if they would benefit from it.

2.  The Forum has PCFs by Bruce or contributed (?) by members, and they can be searched for.  It would be useful to have a categorization of the PCFs/conditions/indicators such that I could view which would be interesting to try.

I appreciate your excellent work and dedication.

Happy Holidays and a new year.

Jeff

Topic: PCF For Pocket Pivots
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2013 5:15:02 PM

Bruce,

What would be the Formula for plotting the Pocket Pivot as an indicator in a chart - showing the days in which it occured including today?

Jeff

Topic: Modifying system indicators key parameters
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2013 12:44:43 PM

In ver 12.3 I have 2 columns:

1. CAR 1-yr, originally listed (I believe) as Price Growth Rate 1 year

2. CAR 3-yr ...

These column work in 12.3, (column set yjs5e) but not in12.4 beta.

Also in 12.3, I can't find columns named Price Growth Rate 1 (or 3) year  (%) that I found originally listed.  (They may have had some averaging there to make it a smooth value.)

Please help.

Jeff

Topic: Export watchlist
Posted: Wednesday, October 9, 2013 3:19:48 PM

Bruce,

Can you add this watchlist table export as a suggestion?

Is it not practical to program?

At least have a snapshot camera there, although I know I can take snapshots with available tools.

Jeff

Posted: Wednesday, August 7, 2013 11:19:44 AM

Bruce,

Thank you for these, but I meant something simpler.  I need the following clarifications:

1. The column set "Recent Performance" has columns for % change (the last) N months  and 1 week.  What are the formulas for these?  Are they simply  (C/C.Mdays -1)*100   with no averaging at all?  
  2. Are the Mdays trading rather than calendar days?
  3. What are the Mdays for the "Recent Performance" column set?
  4. Pre-built column have "30 Day Price Trend vs. Market" and also for 5 days.  Are they with the same formula as above?
  5. Are the 30 days here calendar days?
  6. Can they be generalized to M days?
  7. Does the word "Trend" implies change in trend (some kind of average) values?
  8. Are these $ changes not percent?
  9. If for 6 months I want to average the current (last) 3 days and 5 days 6 months ago, what would be the formula?

Your help is appreciated

Jeff

Topic: Feature Request for v12.3 beta
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 5:49:27 PM

I made a related post before, but what I would like to have is to access the drawing tools (window) from any chart window.   Often I maximize a chart only to close it again to reach the drawing tools.

A related suggestion, I would like the main items bar to be somewhat editable, specifically to be able to add a sub-item such as the drawing tools to it (and be able to delete it) for a one llick availability.

An alternative would be to be able to add a sub-item to the right click menu, again so it is available at any time.

Please forward these suggestions.

Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 5:30:08 PM

Many system indicators have one or more key parameters  I would like to be able to modify the key parameter which is usually in the indicator title. For example, I would like to know the Price Growth Rate  for N months (e.g., 3, 6).  Is this available or possible?

More genrally, can the code for simple (or well known) system indicators be made available so I can generate my (modified) PCF from it?

Jeff

Topic: Export watchlist
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 4:26:48 PM

I would like to copy a watchlist with its values to Excel for study, for example to compare it over time.
 I can only get the list of stocks, not the values. Is this no export capability correct?  Is this limitation intended?  If not I would like to make it a suggestion.