Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: ChampionCoach
About
User Name: ChampionCoach
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 25
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Condition hits a low value and hooks up.
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2018 12:51:22 PM

Thanks Bruce. Very helpful.

Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 10:02:42 PM

Thanks for your prompt reply, Bruce.

Your formula counts the number of days Stoc5.2 hits today's 3-bar min. What about the 3-bar minimum four days ago?

Isn't that what CountTrue is supposed to do? I'm looking for a way to repeat this test every day for the past 5 days. Effectively, I should get a CountTrue result of 5 if this test {(today's Stoc5.2=min(Stoc5.2,3)} is true every day over the past 5 days. Am I correct in assuming this new function will return the stock whose Stoc5.2 value is at the minimum value each day for the full period of 5 days?

Maybe the TrueInRow function will handle this test more efficiently?

Or, should I use CountTrue with a period of 5 in the minimum function as well as the CountTrue function? That way the revised CountTrue function will return a number representing how long the Stock Stoc5.2 remained at its 5-day low.

I love how Worden is continually improving the strength of their charting software!

Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 4:08:52 PM

I want to be alerted when a symbol's Stochastic has hit a low value during the past week(p=5).

How do I write a pcf for how many times a stock's Stochastics value has hit a 3-period minimum over the last p days?

For example,

Does CountTrue(Stoc5.2=Min(Stoc5.2),3),5) tell me how many times the stock has hit its lowest Stoc5.2 value during a 3-bar period at anytime during the past 5 days on a daily chart?

Any help would be much appreciated. Or give me a link to help on your site(s) for finding the minimum or maximum of a condition as a watchlist column condition pcf.

Thanks,

John

Topic: TSI with WMA?
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:46:56 PM

Do you have a general formula for calculating a WMA(i,p) (Weighted Moving Average(Close,Periods)} that you can share, please?

Topic: Shading the space between a 2-SMA (custom channel).
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 6:32:26 PM

AvgH5/AvgL5 Price channel.

In TC2000 v.12, how do I color shade the space between two conditional lines on a price chart. I want to draw an AvgH5 and an AvgL5 line and then shade the space between the lines to identify a channel. I tried creating a Price channel as an indicator with c as the formula and (avgH5-avgL5) as the width; but that didn't appear correctly. Is there another way to do it?

Topic: Custom PCF
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2012 11:33:08 PM

QUOTE (traderlady)

I should have stipulated that the Price Percent Change 3-Month be annualized (multiplied by 4) to contrast it with the Price Percent Change 1-Year.

Traderlady

Sorry. Condition: (C-C66)/C66 > (C-C244)/C244

Topic: Custom PCF
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2012 11:30:37 PM

QUOTE (traderlady)

I'd like to create a custom PCF.  It would show a peak when the Price Percent Change 3-Month is greater than the Price Percent Change 1-Year. 

I am hoping this is possible.  Thanks in advance.

Condition: (C-C66)>(C-C240)

Topic: Sharing PCFs, and trading strategy scripts?
Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2012 7:07:11 PM

I'm an active daytrader and script writer, translating trading strategies into PCFs, conditions and indicators. I write scripts also in StockCharts.com UDFs, Thinkorswim.com Thinkscripts and StockFetcher.com  Filters. I want to continue my growth by sharing scripts with others like myself. I've been developing a Rosetta Stone for scripters like myself to translate amongst the various scripting languages. Can you point me to places that allow these kinds of discussions, please? Does Worden provide a discussion area for people like me to trade scripts?

Topic: CCI50-CCI5 PCF?
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 4:47:14 PM

Thanks so much, Bruce, for your prompt reply to my question!

This is such a great service Worden is offering their clients.

Topic: CCI50-CCI5 PCF?
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 3:31:48 PM

I'm trying to build an Elliott "snapback" indicator; that's when (CCI(50)-CCI(5))>150.

Can you help me build a pcf that measures the dx between CCI(50) and CCI(5), please?

Warm Regards,

John