New version 18 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: stanleyikem
About
User Name: stanleyikem
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 52
[0.02% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Request PCF Formula Price History Crossing UP Pivot Points R1
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2018 11:54:57 AM

Thanks a lot Bruce. I would test whats given. Regards

Posted: Friday, August 10, 2018 10:52:35 AM

Ok Bruce... Since as you say, "You can create formulas based on the pre and post market data if they are restricted to the charts using Custom PCF Indicators of some sort,...." Ok Can you give me an idea of how this can be done, if for instance I have premarket data on my charts of say $AWX today and I want to create a formula/indicator/condition whatever it is... that tells me that price has gone over the High of thde premarket (or I assume in the case where there is no difference between premarket and realtime date) a NEW HIGH or LOW above X bars (most of which could in this case be premarket bars).

Posted: Friday, August 10, 2018 10:13:18 AM

Hey Bruce,

How do I write a formular that indicates to me when premarket High or Low of a stock is broken.... I like to use it as a condition column on my existing watch lists.

Say for instance when the Opening price is above premarket high etc...

Please advise.

Posted: Friday, June 29, 2018 12:52:03 PM

Hello Bruce is there  a way to caluclate the distance/spacing between two moving average bands...? I not sure if using Standard Deviation apploies in this context.

So imagine a situation where we have the 9EMA and the 14SMA for instance.... and I want to be able to check the width between the bands - such that I can know when the moving average bands is tighter and when it is far apart.... What I want to be able to do in this case, is to write a formular for instance that does this;

Let me know when Price closes above the 9EMA and 14SMA; provided both moving averages are X away from each other -  (I assume we could use STD - maybe provided both bands are X STD away or close) - Not sure if STD applies - Just thinking...

The idea is to only get a signal of the closing bar above the moving avergae band ( the tighter the band is) and I want to be able to flip it to and get a signal of the closing bar below the moving average band (when the band is wider).

Posted: Monday, June 18, 2018 3:42:25 PM

Hello Bruce - I need to ask your professional advise - 

There is tc2000 formular I use on my charts that helps me identify support and resistance levels - works well for my style of trading - However I have always manually adjust these levels based on the formular (because it is not static) - and this is not only cumbersome but can sometime disract me while trading..... What would you advise as a thirdparty tool that I can transpose this formula to - to somewhat automate this process, so I don't always have to do this manually.... I am not a programmer atall, but I assuming if the data is available one can use Python of something of that sort right?

I wished there was a way to integrate some of these languages (Python, R etc) wit TC2000.... Any plans to do that in the future?

Please advise.

Stanley

Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 5:45:02 PM

Thank you Bruce.

very helpful. 

You rock!

Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 4:22:52 PM

Thanks Bruce - what if I wanted to check something like the average range over the most recent 21 bars for instance should be above 3% or 0.50 cents for instance.... How do I write that?

Secondly, How do I find stocks for instance that are greater than say 3% or higher - Cant seem to find "% change" option 

Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 1:38:06 PM

Hello Bruce - Isn't there a formular that can be written on TC2000 that helps to scan for stocks with range? Not sure the ATR does it for me.... Something that I can say; scan for stocks that over a period of X has an average range of Y% and I should be able to transpose that in any time frame.

Please advise.

Posted: Tuesday, June 05, 2018 4:08:18 PM

Hello Bruce, I need your help.

Is it possible to write a formular that I can use as a market on the chart such that; 

1) I want to indicate the points in the charts where the price number of a bars High (for instance) = the price number of a bars low and I can a way to indicate that on my charts or on a list.... not sure how that is going to work. 

So if on a 5min chart of $TWTR for instance, the high of a bar is $39 and the low of a bar within a 250 day selection for instance is $39 - I want to highlight that point... and I like to have this done in realtime as the days bars play out.

Is that a possibility?

Please advise.

Stanley

Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 11:51:33 AM

So I assume if we do that on 5mins fo instance... in a formular like C > AVGC10.1 

it would read Current price is greater than the average price for the last 10 bars within the 5mins time frame - right?

Which assume would mean that if I changed the "10" (as in the formula) to "300" on the same 5min time frame, it would mean 300 bars.... so that C > AVGC300.1  would mean, Current price (on the 5mins) is greater than the average price for the last 300 (5min) bars  - correct?