New version 18 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: stanleyikem
About
User Name: stanleyikem
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 66
[0.02% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Volume Surge vs. Volume Buzz
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2018 11:05:39 PM
QUOTE (markhike)

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

I'll start by mentioning that fairly extensive testing was done along with follow-up in other threads at the time this was posted which indicated that the formulas given in my original response were the correct formulas and that Volume Buzz used the previous moving average while Volume Surge Today used the current moving average.

This doesn't mean there is any sort of guarantee the testing was right at the time or even if it was that the values don't use exactly the same basis today. I mention it mostly as a caution on the possibility of this previous testing being correct and possibly still be applicable. I have not done any recent tests.

Your idea as to how to convert Volume Buzz into the Zanger Volume Ratio is quite creative. The big issue I see with it as regards TC2000 is that there is no way to reference Volume Buzz in a Personal Criteria Formula or in an on chart indicator.

Hi Bruce, thanks for your comment.

I did the manual calculation today with multiple stocks. Was not able to get exact match of Vol Buzz for each of them, but the AVGV100 seems to result in closer Vol Buzz value than the AVGV100.1.

The values of AVGV100 and AVGV100.1 are usually very close for most stocks except for those with hugh vol spike on current day, in which case the Vol Buzz value is huge and standout. It doesn't make much difference to get a more accurate value since Vol Buzz is used for sorting anyway.

As to the ZVR, it is a shame we can't reference the Vol Buzz value. My solution is adding an indicator PCF column called ZVR Factor = AVGV100 / AVGV20.1 by the side of the Vol Buzz column. That way I can calculate in my mind the ZVR value by (Vol Buzz + 100) * (ZVR Factor).

I wish TC2000 can provide a shorter term Vol Buzz using 20-25 day moving average. 100 day is too long and not sensitive enough for swing trading (though it is still quite useful in observing breakout validity).

Topic: Can we plot Horizontal lines
Posted: Tuesday, October 02, 2018 3:39:53 PM

Hi Bruce - thanks for the feedback. You are always so helpful.

Now, here is the challenge though; Within the cell properties of the Formular I am using is...

"List to Count" - from which a list to select is there; for instance -  MorningStar Industry Groups....

This invariably means the report is counting  based on the list....

What I was hoping this would do, is count based on the formular ON the Stock/chart in Question.

So as with the PCF example, if the condition is positive 10x, it tell me. If it is Negative 30x, it tells me - realtime as it would with a selected list on the List count....

Do you understand?

My concern is the stock in view not a List of stocks, or index or groups etc. 

So if I have this linked for my watchlist for instance, everytime I scroll through a stock/chart the numbers should change - based on the chart I am looking at... that's my focus.

Posted: Tuesday, October 02, 2018 11:39:54 AM

Thanks Bruce. My bad. I got it now. Is there any reason why "100" is the reference number here? I am trying to do some tweak and see if there is any impact though.

Secondly, what I was hoping to see as the outcome, was a number count as to when the condition is true or otherwise. If there was a way to attach an image here I would have sent you what I am looking at? can I send it to support?

Posted: Tuesday, October 02, 2018 11:10:40 AM

Thanks Bruce - But I need a bit more help - 

So here is the PCF I wrote;

O >= L1 and C > AVGC9 and C1 > AVGH14 and O > AVGO9 and C >H14)

So how do I count True on this...

I wrote;

CountTrue (O >= L1 and C > AVGC9 and C1 > AVGH14 and O > AVGO9 and C >H14) - 

and got some Formular error message.

What I basically want to do is count how many times this is true and possibly be able to sort it out on my columns in my watchlist.

Posted: Tuesday, October 02, 2018 10:18:48 AM

Hi Bruce,

I have a PCF I wrote, that I use - I added it to my Fundamentals and it works great - There is a feature called "Add condition Count" on the fundamentals that works beautifully for me using this PCF.  I wanted to know if there is a way to use that feature on an individual stock basis, unlike what I currently do with it in the Fundamentals window, where I can apply it to a list to count. 

I basically want to count how many times a condition (for instance C > L) is true on individual stocks/charts instead of on a list. Is this possible?

Posted: Monday, October 01, 2018 8:49:16 AM

Hi, Is there a way to write a PCF or something that can plot horizontal lines on my charts? Almost like what is done with the pivot lines....

So that if condition A is true for instance, it draws a line on the price chart? Please advise.

Stan

Topic: Request PCF Formula Price History Crossing UP Pivot Points R1
Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2018 8:43:55 AM

Hi bruce, thanks for the feedback - 

I am a litte unclear about the  Last Value Horizontal Plot Style .

Are you saying there is a way to write a PCF and have a horizontal line plotted? So for instance is there a way to draw/plot a horizontal line on my charts if I wanted calculate the average of the high over the last 50bars and show the results by plotting a horizontal line. Is that possible?

secondly, Is there a way to have a vertical line permanently fixed on my charts and have it reflect on ANY chart I pull up relative to time? That means I want a vertical line drawn at 10am and 2;30pm EST and I want to have this permanently on my charts without having to always do this everyday. Anyways to get that done?

Thanks -

PS: I sent this earlier

Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2018 10:07:02 PM

Hi bruce, thanks for the feedback - 

I am a litte unclear about the  Last Value Horizontal Plot Style .

Are you saying there is a way to write a PCF and have a horizontal line plotted? So for instance is there a way to draw/plot a horizontal line on my charts if I wanted calculate the average of the high over the last 50bars and show the results by plotting a horizontal line. Is that possible?

secondly, Is there a way to have a vertical line permanently fixed on my charts and have it reflect on ANY chart I pull up relative to time? That means I want a vertical line drawn at 10am and 2;30pm EST and I want to have this permanently on my charts without having to always do this everyday. Anyways to get that done?

Thanks -

Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2018 5:02:50 PM

Hello Bruce - Is it possible to know the formular tha is used to calculate the pivot points on TC2000?

I would appreciate it - 

Secondly, is there a way to customize or write our own formular to calculate pivot points?

I appreciate

Stanley

Posted: Monday, September 10, 2018 4:37:04 PM

Excellent - thanks Bruce