Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: pjjones
About
User Name: pjjones
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 21
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Pre-Builts Yearly Return Column Set
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 5:03:48 PM

Currently has columns from 2005 through 2015, no 2016, but a YTD for 2017.  2016 is, alas, missing but still user codable with the 500 day look-back limit, which currently extends to the end of July, 2015.

Time flies...could you remind your busy programmes to add a 2016 column to this column set before it is no longer codable?

Thanks Bruce

Topic: V17 "Remove (sym) from Watchlist" button
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 2:25:35 PM

FIXED!   Thanks Bruce and programmers.

Topic: V17 "Remove (sym) from Watchlist" button
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2017 3:44:35 PM
The "Remove (sym) from Watchlist" button in a watchlist titlebar, when clicked upon, used to do three things: 1) remove the focused symbol from the watchlst 2) Move the focus to the next item in the watchlist 3)  display the chart of the next item in the watchlist.   VERY efficient in rapidly winnowing out potential buys in a "candidates" watchlist.
Now, alas, in V17, when you click the "Remove" button, it 1) removes the focused symbol from the watchlist 2) Exits focus altogether from the watchlist.  3) The displayed chart remains as the chart of the symbol now removed from the watchlist.
What gives?  This is a major take-away in functionality, or am I missing something here??  Thanks in advance.

Topic: Can an EasyScan be converfted into a column?
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2016 10:19:29 PM

While you can turn a pcf into a column, can you turn an EasyScan (some of whose conditions could not be combined into a single pcf) into a column? V16  Thanks.

Topic: Track Price within a PCF
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2015 4:12:10 PM

Is it possible to use a Track Price within a PCF? Related q: Then use that PCF aa coumn (Suspect I'm doomed on this one....)  Thanks.

Topic: Related Items as Easy Scan Watchlist
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2015 1:04:59 PM

Is there a way to have the Related Items watchlist as the watchlist in an easy scan?  The goal being to be able to tab through the list of Sectors, for example and have those that meet you easy scan minimum criteria for that sector automatically show up in your easy scan results. 

Topic: PCFs with trk% trkPrice or trkShares
Posted: Sunday, March 9, 2014 4:28:02 PM

In v 12.4, is it possible to use trk%, trkPrice, or trkShares in a PCF?

Topic: License, Win 8.1, and 12.4 questions
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 5:09:47 PM

3 questions:

1) Am considering buying a Dell tablet w/ Win 8.1 to use pretty-much exclusively for  "breakfast with Stockcharts."  I believe that a single user is allowed to have TC installed simulaneously on 2 computers.  Is this correct?

2) How do TC 12.4 and Windows 8.1 get along?  Quirks or glitches I should know about?

3) Never used a tablet - I assume that the full version of TC works on this configuration.

Thanks in advance.

Topic: License, Win 8.1, and 12.4 questions
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 5:09:00 PM

3 questions:

1) Am considering buying a Dell tablet w/ Win 8.1 to use pretty-much exclusively for  "breakfast with Stockcharts."  I believe that a single user is allowed to have TC installed simulaneously on 2 computers.  Is this correct?

2) How do TC 12.4 and Windows 8.1 get along?  Quirks or glitches I should know about?

3) Never used a tablet - I assume that the full version of TC works on this configuration.

Thanks in advance.

Topic: Default + - Column colors
Posted: Sunday, January 6, 2013 7:00:36 PM

Is there anyway to set a default + - column color and apply it universally to all columns rather than doing this column by column, column set by column set?  Thanks