Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: fritzmiller
About
User Name: fritzmiller
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 4
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: long delay for TC2000 version 7 to declare data is 'market close'
Posted: Friday, December 1, 2017 5:53:11 PM

Hi,

I've been noticing an extended delay in having version 7 declare that the data is good to the market close.  For instance, at 5:47pm (Eastern), the top banner of version 7 just gives me the date and time, and lets me know that data is delayed at least 20 minutes.  How late in the day do I need to wait for the banner (and presumably the data) to get to market close?

Thanks!

Fritz

Topic: Software API for downloading data using R
Posted: Sunday, August 21, 2016 8:26:36 AM

Hi,

I'm currently using TC2000 v7 to download data to my PC, extract data to CSV files, transfer to my MAC, and then use R for analytics.  Because I purchased a cheap PC just for the download, it's a slow process overall.  What are my options for downloading price data to my MAC?

I've seen that there's a TC2000 developer kit, but don't have any info about that, can you please send?  Best yet, is there a way that I can obtain daily data using a software API call from my MAC using R?

Thanks,

Fritz

Topic: PCFs using stock fundamental data
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2013 8:14:38 AM

Hi,

I'm finding that PCF's focus on stock technical conditions, but I'd like to make some formulas that include fundamentals.  Can you please post a list of data elements that we can access via PCF's?

For a start, I'd like to use the stock's operating profit and market capitalization in formulas, but I may want to get into earnings and sales at some point.

Thanks,

Fritz

Topic: pcf for finding a weekly moving average (closing price) cross a week or two ago
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 11:22:25 PM

I'm trying to write some PCF scripts that allow me to determine when moving closing price averages crossed a number of weeks ago.  I'm interested in learning how to do this both for daily moving averages and weekly moving averages.  I think I've figured out the daily, but not the weekly.

For the daily cross, I think it's (for this example, the cross occurs sometime 2 weeks ago):
AVGC4.10 < AVGC10.10
AVGC4.5 > AVGC10.5

Then, determining that it stayed up above this week (or more precisely, today):
AVGC4 > AVGC10

How would I write this for the weekly price crossings occurring a week or two ago, instead of daily crossings?