Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: ih
About
User Name: ih
Groups: Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 18
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Should RealCode allow Full access to .net namespaces
Posted: Friday, December 31, 2010 5:33:17 AM
I am interested in deeper integration with SF -- some way to call external code, or at least write to tmp files (which I could then scan from an external app). Checking the forums, I found this thread... so it seems to be in the works. It's been a while since this thread was updated -- was wondering if there was any news on this, or a timeline we'll see some of this?
Topic: Bull call spreads for option traders.
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 9:42:12 PM
I wouldn't argue for setting stops on ITM calls... I've tried that and seen the same as you -- that many times the move is overnight. Even a sudden day move may not fill anywhere near the stop price, probably since the volume is low.
Topic: Bull call spreads for option traders.
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 5:55:54 PM
I've been using options for the past few months... buying calls in the money, often deep ITM. While the cost is higher, it does provide good leverage while also bringing the time premium down (compared to ATM or OTM).I've also been testing call spreads, but I'm a little cautious of the technique since you loose flexibility on your exit -- if the long call is profitable but the equity's technicals weaken, you have to either close the spread with limited gain (buying back the short) or letting it ride to expiration, hoping it doesn't weaken further. Maybe there's some aspect or method here I'm missing, but the only solutions I've seen are related to converting option strategies.
Topic: DPO and negative price index
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 2:38:10 AM
I was experimenting with the built-in Detrended Price Oscillator (not the modified version), and noticed it did not include results for the latest values. When I looked closer at the RealCode, I discovered it references negative values in the price.last, referring to future prices. Why is it implemented this way? Is it just trying to show the detrended price? If it doesn't show the latest results, it's not useful as an active indicator.Why are future price references supported in general? It seems dangerous to allow indicators to reference future prices.
Topic: selecting past dates
Posted: Sunday, November 7, 2010 12:37:02 PM
You're right... that affects it. I selected the max, and can go back about 3 months with 5 min data. That's very helpful. Thank you.
Topic: selecting past dates
Posted: Sunday, November 7, 2010 1:04:06 AM
Hi, This seems like a pretty basic question, but I can't figure out how to select data in the past. The chart can only be scrolled back so far, according to what's shown in the window. For example, if I'm on a 5-min chart, I'd like to scroll back more than 6 days, but that's all that's shown on the timeline. I can't use the scroll wheel or the pointer to drag back earlier. I looked for options to select the dates manually (right clicking, for example), but haven't seen anything. How can I do this? Thanks for your help.
Topic: child indicators in real code
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 3:11:07 AM
What's the difference in realcode between a child indicator and a regular one? Can you point me to an example of a child indicator? Adding a child indicator only allows some of the indicators to be added. I'd like to adapt some indicators so they can be added to a custom price plot.
Topic: Price difference between 2 dates
Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2010 3:26:34 AM
Is there a way to see the percent difference in price between 2 date lines? I saw that in the 2009 training video, but they didn't really explain how to access that feature. It looks like the lines are date pointers, but I don't see a way to attach functions to them, such as a percent difference. Can you reference date pointers in a realcode function?
Topic: Editing Block Diagram
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2010 12:58:01 PM
the attached indicator works great. very nice to see it. thank you!
Topic: Editing Block Diagram
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 5:54:20 PM
How can you edit or work with Blocks diagram? There's a link in the indicator properties window to the diagram, but once there, I don't see a way to edit. It looks like a visual programming model, but I don't see options to select control blocks. Is there any docs on this? I couldn't find much detail on the forums. This came up wrt an indicator that I wanted to try to fix. I posted on earlier this week:I'd like to test out the zero-lag TEMA, described in TASC May 2008. I saw Worden had added the indicator via Share instead of providing code. I found the indicator (3/1/08 by StockGuy), but when I load it up, the indicator shows as a flat line y=0. Is there another version of this indicator that works with the latest stockfinder?