Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: thisstockguy
About
User Name: thisstockguy
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 92
[0.03% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Why is Canadian Fundamental data over 1 year old?
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2014 2:19:38 PM

QUOTE (afranco2)

Is the availability of findamental data for Canadian stocks still an issue?

I'm on for the first time tonight and the fundamentals for Canadian stocks are all blank. Is the data not kept or is it only available during trading hours?

Tony

Tony,

If you want to see Canadian fundamentals, run StockFinder with a subscription for Canadian fundamentals.  I cancelled by subscription for Canadian fundamentals because they hadn't been updated since 4/30/2012. Even with the 2012 data, they had numberous errors in them like not showing dividends for stocks. The only useful feature was the ability to get a list of Canadian compaines in each sector or industry. This feature is of course free for U.S. companies with StockFinder and with TC2000, but you have to pay for it for TSX/VSE companies and it is only available in StockFinder, not TC2000 even with a Canadian subscription. Bummer. :-(

Barry

Topic: Wilder's RSI is now an Indicator, but how do I reference it in a PCF?
Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2014 6:06:06 PM

1) How would I reference yesterday's Wilders RSI using the above formula?

2) This will likely be too slow to implement as a PCF, but I would like to know how many consecuitive  periods (up to 5 or 10 at most) that the WRSI has been at 50 or above.

So if the last WRSI's are (oldest to current): 40,55,40,50,48,50,52,53

the PCF would return 3 because the last 3 numbers are >= 50. This would be easy enough with RSI because we can reference RSI.1 etc., but not WRSI since we have to wrestle with that complicated formula.  Is there an easy way to accomplish this using "Create Conditions from your chart"?

3) What is Worden's real reason for not implmenting WRSI as  a built in function like every other stock market program on the planet?  Is there a legal reason? I'm asking because it makes your (otherwise excellent) software incompatible with market algorithms that the user may have created on other systems.  Porting such an alg to Worden  is a pain in the butt if it is even possible. :-(

The Wilder RSI alg is simple enough to code in C++, why not implement it properly in the first place instead of relying on bulky and slow PCF to try and emulate it?

TIA

Topic: Wilder's RSI is now an Indicator, but how do I reference it in a PCF?
Posted: Friday, April 4, 2014 12:41:53 AM

I see under the Indicators tab of TC 2000 (Beta 12.4.5205.30028) there is a "RSI- Wilder's" indicator, which is great! About time.  :-)

But how do I reference this indicator in my PCF? I thought the indicator name would be WRSI but it's not.

TIA
Barry

Topic: Stockfinder 5.1
Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:31:53 PM

Have you tried?

http://www.worden.com/cms/cms/pagepassword?returnURL=%2fSFbeta&message=Please+provide+a+beta+key&header=Welcome+to+the+StockFinder+5.1+Beta

Barry

Topic: SF 5.1 "Export Failed. Check Debug Log"
Posted: Sunday, October 6, 2013 2:07:31 AM

If I try and export more than 140 stocks, I get "Export Failed. Check Debug Log" when exporting the 141st stock.

Is there a fix for this?
Where do I find the Debug Log file?

TIA
Barry

Topic: How to get list of Canadian Stocks in a Canadian Index?
Posted: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 11:32:53 PM

TC 2000 has Canadian indexes "CG510.TO "Drugs (Canadian)" so how can I get a list of stocks that make up this index? Or a list of Canadian stocks in the Health sector? Or Canadian Stocls for any sector or sub-sector for that matter?

There are roughly 15 Canadian indexes and I have no way of knowing which stocks are in those sectors.

TIA

Barry

Posted: Monday, September 2, 2013 11:18:24 PM

QUOTE (StockGuy)

We're looking into this issue.  Should have it corrected early next week.

Well, it has been 4 months and none of the Canadian fundamentals have been updated. The fundamentals are currently 16 months out of date. Every time I contact Worden tech support they tell me they are working on it and I should be patient.  How patient should I be? Should I give them another month?  2 months?  4 months?

Something like this should have been fixed in a couple of days, or a week at most.

If I had not plotted some of the fundamentals back in April, I never would have known the Canadian data was 12 months out of date.  All of the fundamentals for all of the Canadian stocks are now 16 months out of date. I hope no one is using the Data Sheet for trading purposes.

I'm giving up on ever seeing this fixed.  :-(

Barry

Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 5:03:00 PM

QUOTE (thisstockguy)

I am using SF 5.1 and all of the Canadian Fundamental data ends on 4/30/2012.

Example. If I chart BMO (Canada) and plot CA Revenue Per Share, the last data point is 4/30/2012. This is true for all Canadian stocks and all CA fundamentals. They all stop at 4/30/2012.

Can anyone else confirm this?

How do I get the last year's worth of Canadian fundamentals?
I ran the SF Reset program and that did not help.

It is like this on 2 machines so it is not the hardware.

TIA
Barry

So is there no one using SF 5.x with Canadian Fundamentals?

Barry

Posted: Thursday, May 9, 2013 3:08:41 PM

I am using SF 5.1 and all of the Canadian Fundamental data ends on 4/30/2012.

Example. If I chart BMO (Canada) and plot CA Revenue Per Share, the last data point is 4/30/2012. This is true for all Canadian stocks and all CA fundamentals. They all stop at 4/30/2012.

Can anyone else confirm this?

How do I get the last year's worth of Canadian fundamentals?
I ran the SF Reset program and that did not help.

It is like this on 2 machines so it is not the hardware.

TIA
Barry

Topic: SF 5.1 WatchList can't add any Fundamental-based Column
Posted: Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:03:05 PM

I have SF 5.1 Main Watchlist open with "All U.S. Items" and when I try and add a column like "EPS Latest Quarter" or any other fundamental, it adds a column "Moving Average-Daily 21" to the watchlist instead.  All I get are empty "Moving Average-Daily 21" columns added regardless of which fundamental column I try to add.

Why?

TIA