Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: zachlindgren
About
User Name: zachlindgren
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 11
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Z-SCORE ?
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013 11:00:49 AM

Bruce could you take this further and add to the Z-score a simple 3 period moving average and a simple 5 period moving average to the resulting average as shown in the link to the article. It shows an indicator that uses these averages to determine cross over points. The article can explain it better that I can.

Thanks

Topic: Price Volatility Column
Posted: Thursday, December 6, 2012 1:16:00 PM

Just a quick question what does the Price Volatility column calculate?

Topic: 5 min rotation on 1 min chart
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 11:36:56 AM

O.K let me try to explain my thought.... What I want is to wirte a condition that looks at the 1 min chart and takes the first 5 bars and sets a range....the range being the highest high reading (the peak high) and the lowest low reading (the range low), and the breakout being a move in price above the highest high (the peak high) of the established range. I guess a good starting point would be for the breakout to occur within 10 bars after the 5 bar range is set. Hope this is a better explanation.

Thanks, Zach

Topic: 5 min rotation on 1 min chart
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 9:07:35 AM

I am looking to write a condition that will show me a breakout of the 5 min rotation peak high on a 1 min chart. Also I want this condition to look at only stocks that have a gap up open of > 2%. This is so much more clear in my head then it is to write out for you.

Thanks, Zach

Topic: Condition for a pullback in price
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 12:39:03 PM

Thanks again Bruce, I didn't have a chance to test those yet but they appeared to be what I was looking for when I stated they were perfect. Any help you provide for me will eventually get me on the right path, like I said this is all trial and error for me.

Thanks again, 

Zach

Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:11:24 AM

If you could do that for me that would be great, we could just use an arbitrary lookback of 10 bars.

Thanks again for your time Bruce, I appreciate your help.

Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:56:35 AM

Hey Bruce one more thing to clarify the original conditions I requested. I have a strategy that I am looking at that looks for the Short Period Moving Average crossing up through the Longer Period Moving Average and then the strategy triggers a long position when price retests the Short Period Moving Average...That is why I was including the Moving Average cross with the price retest.

I can make it work I think with what you gave me, but if you have any suggestion I would be more than happy to listen, as I am just doing a lot of trial and error ( which is fine, best way to learn ) to figure things out.

Again thanks for you time and help.

Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:44:27 AM

This is perfect thank you.

One more aspect to include would be if price came down to test the moving average at some percent say 0.5% or is there a way you could include a specific price level above the moving average say $0.10.

Thanks for your help Bruce.

Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:45:30 PM

I am looking to add a RealCode condition to an exisiting RealCode condition I have for a moving average crossover. What I am looking to do is to pass a condition that when price pulls back to the moving average. Example: I currently have a condition that passes when the 13 period moving average crosses up through the 28 period moving average, now I want to add to that condition a statement that also finds where price retests the 13 period moving average. Essentially If the 13 SMA crosses up through the 28 SMA And price restests the 13 SMA Then pass. 

Thanks,

Zach

Topic: Moving Average X and price retest
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 9:22:44 AM

Thanks Bruce I will play around with these to see if that is what I am looking for. I guess I was a little vague on what I was looking to do, the goal of the alert I am looking for is detecting an area in say a watch list where the 10 period Simple Moving Average crosses up through the 20-Period Simple Moving Average (So that would be "TRUE") but not alerting me until price comes down to test the 10-Period Moving Average or slightly above. Don't know if this explanation is any better, if not I will work with what you gave me and go from there..

Thanks again, 

Zach