Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: JCPINVESTxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
About
User Name: JCPINVESTxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 37
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Scanning with Simple Moving Averages
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2007 11:58:52 AM
Hi ... Please help me by providing a PCF that I might put into an EZscan to find stocks whose price is above a Simple Moving Average on the current bar whereas it traded below the Simple Moving Average on the previous bar. I am also looking for an equal number of PCF's where the opposite is true in that I want to find stocks whose price is now below a Simple Moving Average on the current bar whereas it traded above the Simple Moving Average on the previous bar. I am looking for a PCF for each of these timeframes: 30 Mins, 60 Mins, Daily, Weekly. I am also looking to scan these timeframes for each of the following Simple Moving Averages: 20 SMA, 50 SMA, 100 SMA, 200 SMA, 500 SMA, 1000 SMA. (I don't mind if you just give me one PCF that I can adjust accordingly AS LONG as the functions I need to change are easy to identify.) I want to use these scans INTRADAY. Thank you for all your past and present help! Jay
Topic: Finding Bollinger Band and Moving Average Crossovers
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2007 9:21:50 PM
Hi Bruce - I'm not getting the results I expected. It seems that whenever I run the scan from your May 21st posting, I get the same 325 stocks. They seem to not even have met any of the criteria we requested. Can you check this out and maybe identify what I'm doing incorrectly? The name of my EZ Scan which uses your PCF is:
"MOBO - Bullish w 20 SMA"

Thanks, Jay
Topic: Stochastic & MACD Scan
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2007 11:46:27 AM
Hi Craig - I'm using Simple for both. The timeframe I'm most interested in is intraday. How do I find out more about scanning intraday charts using Blocks? Are there Training Videos online that I can watch? Thanks, Jay
Topic: Stochastic & MACD Scan
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2007 7:29:08 AM
Hi ... I welcome your help in writing a PCF formula that will search for stocks that have BOTH a Stochastic crossover AND a MACD crossover occurring within a two bar interval. I would like the scan to work on all time intervals such as Daily, Weekly, One Minute, etc. I use Stochastic (5, 5, 5) and MACD (12, 26, 9, C). I appreciate and thank you very much for your help!
Topic: Simple Moving Average Crossovers
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2007 2:00:07 PM
Thanks Bruce. How do I run the scan on a particular list such as my own Watch List or a Component Watch List such as Nasdaq 100 or DJ-30? Thanks! Jay
Topic: Simple Moving Average Crossovers
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2007 10:27:40 AM
Hi ... I'm looking for a Scan to find stocks when the 3 Day SMA crosses over the 8 Day SMA. I'm looking for two separate Scans, one for crosses UP and one for crosses DOWN. I want to use this on any timeframe such as Daily, Intraday, etc. Thank you very much! Jay
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 7:31:29 AM
Hi Bruce - That works fine. Now, I'd like to sort my list by the best or the worst performing industries. For my bullish scan, I'd like to further sort the list by the top performing industries over the past several days (I'd like to be able to put in any time span I chose such as 2 days, 5 days, 10 days, etc.)For my bearish scan, I'd like to further sort the list by the worst performing industries over the past several days (I'd like to be able to put in any time span I chose such as 2 days, 5 days, 10 days, etc.) Just point out where in the PCF I would enter the specified number of dsys. Thanks for your help! Jay
Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2007 10:08:07 AM
Thanks Winnie. I appreciate your help! What are the Range Selector Values, where do I find them and how do I set them? Also, what does SGN stand for? Jay
Posted: Saturday, May 19, 2007 10:12:12 AM
Hi Bruce ... After using your PCF, I realized that I needed to clarify that I'm not looking for a crossover of BOTH the 10 8 BB and the 20 SMA. On bullish moves, I'm looking for a stock when it first breaks above the upper band of the 10 8 BB when the stock is ALREADY ABOVE the 20 SMA. Conversely, on bearish moves, I'm looking for a stock when it first breaks below the lower band of the 10 8 BB when the stock is ALREADY BELOW to 20 SMA. Thanks again, Jay
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2007 7:24:05 AM
Hi ... I'm using a 10 8 Bollinger Band and a 20 Simple Moving Average. For Bullish moves, I want to find the first day that the stock price rises above BOTH the 20 SMA and the UPPER band of the BB. For Bearish moves, I want to find the first day that the stock prices drops below BOTH the SMA 20 and the LOWER band of the BB. Thanks, Jay