Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: markinvests3
About
User Name: markinvests3
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 33
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Stochs divergence
Posted: Tuesday, September 4, 2012 5:16:52 PM

Got it.  Thank you

Posted: Tuesday, September 4, 2012 4:08:30 PM

Bruce.  Thank you for your response.  You were correct I did not clarify divergence nor my objective. 

I currently use two stochastics settling ( yet I only display one at a time on a chart - though I do change the settings periodically).  The first stoch is 14, 3, 3; and the second is 15, 5, 3.  As mentioned i display one of the forementioned settings at a time on a chart.  My objective is to determine divergence between the current price and stochs.

For example, the price increasing and the 15, 5, 3 stochs are declining (have a declining slope).  I am most likely interested in daily, hourly, and 15 min charts and i suppose 10 bars would be enough to make the determination.  I am not certain about details required for TC2000.

I hope that is a little more clear.

Posted: Tuesday, September 4, 2012 2:03:44 PM

Please help with a PCF for stochs divergence.

settings are 14, 3, 3 (simple) and 15, 5, 3 (simple)

I hope that is what is needed for pcf.

Thank you.

Topic: 15 min candle after open
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 9:28:13 AM

thank you.  I no longer use Stockfinder.  I will seek another solution.  How about a scan for the last 2 15min or 5 min candles?

Topic: 15 min candle after open
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 8:54:36 AM

how can i create a scan for a list of stocks that move above or below the first 15 minute candle?  I understand how to select a watchlist.  is there a PCF for idenifing the first 15 minute candle after the opening bell.

I suppose the formula can be adjusted for 5 minute timeframes also.

Thank you

Topic: Pivot points alert
Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2011 1:31:34 PM
how can i get alerts when pivot points are hit (r3, r2, r1, pp, s1, s2, s3).  Columns take up a lot of real estate on my monitor i prefered  scans like stockfinder that could run continuously and identify opporunities.  Stockfinder seemed to be a very strong product and even the less technically evolved person could use it.

Thanks.
Topic: Price crossing upper Bollinger Band
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 10:47:48 PM
Thank you.  I will try this formula.  How in the world would I have ever figured out how to program such complexity?  

Also, Is there a way to program an hourly consolidation formula?  basically, i want to find price action within tight consolidation within the hourly chart.  2, 3, 4, or 5 days with price action within a certain percentage of the mean maybe.?  Less than 1%, 2% or 4%.
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 6:36:09 PM
Thank you for your reply.  I prefer screens as columns take up valuable space, stockfinder did a really nice and easy job of creating screens and automatically updating based on a chosen timeframe.  

I am use 20 and 2 for bollinger bands.  I have never figured out the PCF logic, have not really tried very hard.  It is to complicated for my brain.  I am interested in 1 day and 60/15/5 min timeframes.

Thank you for your help.
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 5:07:56 PM
I am looking for a way to screen for stocks with price action moving over the upper bb on a daily chart and how to adjust for different timeframes.  Stockfinder made this really easy.  TC2000v11 is the version i am using.

Thank you 
Mark
Topic: stochastics crossing down thru 25 line
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:44:54 AM
thnk you