Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: biggolfer2
About
User Name: biggolfer2
Groups: Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 20
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Inside Candles
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 5:38:52 PM
Bruce:

I need to know how to apply this formula and make it active please. I called tech support but she had no idea how to implement the formula. She told me I would have to ask you here in the forum. Maybe I'm wrong but, seems to me, that the people in tech support should know how to do this. Can you please tell me how to do this. All I want this formula to do is highlight or identify inside bars on a daily and weekly chart. Thanks.
Topic: Inside Candles
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 11:36:13 PM
Is there a scan that can be written to identify symbols that have printed an  inside bar (candles) at the end of day , on a daily chart , and at end of week on a weekly chart?
Topic: Plotting MA's in an Indicator window
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2010 6:48:43 PM
Thanks jas.
Topic: Plotting MA's in an Indicator window
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2010 1:17:24 PM
I'm trying to create an indicator window that has four MA's in it. I want the MA's to be based off of the prices in the Price History pane.........(just like any MA's would be in the price History pane). These would be MA's with different parameters than the ones I have in the price history pane.The only difference is that I want the MA's to be plotted in an indicator window rather than up in the price pane. I was told by Jeremy in the support chat that I needed a Real Code to do that. Is that correct? If that's correct.......can you please write a real code that would accomplish that. Thanks.
Topic: HEIKIN-ASHI CANDLES
Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2010 6:36:30 PM
BTW.......I'm not trying to color the price bars with the HAS indicator. I want the HA bars to paint.
Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2010 6:34:07 PM

I cleared the Heiken Ashi indicator that transfered over from SF 4 into SF 5. I recopied the Heiken Ashi code that Bruce wrote(the first one...close vs close) and applied it in SF 4. I worked perfectly. I did the same thing with the code he wrote to color the Heiken Ashi bars(the first one). The codee is NOT coloring the Heiken Ashi bars in SF 5. I NEED to get the HA bars to color.

Posted: Monday, May 24, 2010 5:09:46 PM
Bruce:

I got the Heiken Ashi code that you wrote and put it my SF4.......I just upgraded to SF 5 and, evidently, it didn't copy over to SF 5 properly. The bars are not painting in the SF 5 program. The tech person I talked to couldn't fix it and said I probably needed a new Heiken Ashi real code for SF 5. Do you have one please? The HA's were beautiful SF 4. I didn't really want to upgrade but SF 4 was such a memory hog I felt I needed to.
Topic: Heikin-Ashi code
Posted: Saturday, May 22, 2010 12:20:45 AM
Nice job Bruce. The painted HA bars are a thing of beauty. I'm a new user and had just sent in a suggestion/request the other day for HA bars.
Topic: StockFiner 4 Scan Request
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 9:07:49 PM
Thanks again Bruce for creating my scan request. Unfortunately I'm not getting the intended result from the scan. Could be the way I worded the request. I'll think about it and re-write the request. Maybe it would be better if I just explained ,in detail, what I'm wanting the scan to identify on the chart?
Topic: StockFiner 4 Scan Request
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 2:39:41 PM
Thanks much Bruce