Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: cjmax234
About
User Name: cjmax234
Groups: Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 7
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Can Stockfinder Combine Bars In Charts?
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:45:26 PM

Thanks for the responses Bruce. I'm trying to decide between SF and TC2000. Would TC2000 also be able to do any of the above?

Topic: Premarket data and intraday scanning
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:32:31 PM

Sorry, I thought I was in the Stockfinder forum.

Topic: Premarket data and intraday scanning
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:31:53 PM

Could Stockfinder also only show pre/post market data? Usually you can hide the pre/post market data and only show session data. I want it the other way around.

Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:28:09 PM

Or - a chart that only shows the first 30m of each day. Or really any intraday time frame I specify.

Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:24:40 PM

One other question. Can Stockfinder (automatically) create a chart with bars consisting of:

first 30 min, last 30 min, first 30 min, last 30 min  etc...

So all price action between the first 30min and last 30m of the day would be removed.

Posted: Saturday, October 5, 2013 2:49:04 PM

Keep in mind I don't have a subscription so just trying to find out if it's possible first. No need to go into any coding detail.

Posted: Saturday, October 5, 2013 2:32:19 PM

Something like this:

If consecutive bars (irregardless of time frame) are up (close higher than open) then combine into one bar along with adding up volume into one bar. This keeps going until a down bar or other parameter is met. So if there are 10 bars up in a row all of them will be combined into one bar starting with the open/low of the first bar to the close/high of the last bar - all now one bar. No other data in the inbetween bars is needed to plot, as that doesn't matter.