Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Neil040
About
User Name: Neil040
Groups: Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 15
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Where is pre-release forum
Posted: Tuesday, February 1, 2005 2:12:19 PM
sorry Doug crossed on my post before yours was on this thread..

there must be some glitch going on in the post addresses.. I keep getting the main discussion page every time I click on any of those links to post 2198
Topic: Where is pre-release forum
Posted: Tuesday, February 1, 2005 2:06:03 PM
I too would like to hear something from someone about what is going on.. usually so helpful here but seems some issues with this pre-release..

I was invited to download it so would appreciate a hint here.. have downloaded it twice now to try and get it to install properly but still going directly into 'not responding' on each attempt to start after apparent successful install. I am only on isdn so have so far spent many many hours on this..
Topic: Question on Telechart 2005
Posted: Tuesday, February 1, 2005 4:19:00 AM
I have this exact problem as reported below on the yahoo group.. any known reason or solution yet and does a re-install mean a fresh download? I only have isdn so the download takes a fair while..

"I just installed TC2005. When I try to start it, it opens partially then hangs. Blank chart and watchlist come up, then the program "not responding" message comes up. I have Win XP Pro with plenty of memory and cpu power.

Worden tech support had me uninstall and reinstall, with no avail. They forwarded this to engineering. Anyone overcome this issue?"
Topic: tcNet vs. tc2000
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 9:15:42 AM
QUOTE (Doug_H)
As for the api to export live data, I really couldn't say if that is a possibility. What I will do is post this idea in the Product Suggestions forum for review and consideration by the development team.

Sorry should have mentioned those other things which I had noted also..

Would be grateful if you could do pass that api query on... is a fairly common thing these days.. esignal and interactive brokers both enable this now as many others also... would be a fantastic benefit as quite a few people do a lot of useful stuff with excel.. I use it all the time to monitor my open positions both long and short, with the formula power of excel you can have really detailed live monitoring of so many aspects of your positions..

I am able to see live updating portfolio (long and short).. entry and stop values as in nearness to stop etc.. with colour signals as they approach.. can relate to all closed positions also.. etc etc.. very useful stuff that none of the charting software I have ever used can really do.. no reason why they should as they are charting firstmost..

I think that there are developer api kits that would allow a third party clever person to link to real tine data providor and then api it to excel... perhaps they could ask here if anyone is able to do that in co-operation with your guys? Would save them the bother perhaps..

Thanks for the help anyway Doug.. not a problem anyway in the end as I can always continue to use IB to do it, just being hopeful...
Topic: tcNet vs. tc2000
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 4:12:23 AM
So as far as I can see TCNet is the same prog as TC2000 but unlocked for real time data and allowing intra day charting.. plus an extra set of charts that can be opened and shunted to another screen... drawbacks being that scanning intra day can only be done after a forced update?

If you upgrade to TCNet that means you drop TC2000 sub.. so basically presently $99 in total as a new sub? (less if paid annual in advance I note..)

Just checking the facts.. at the moment as well as TC2000 I have an esignal sub paid for a year in advance with some months to go so just planning ahead as I think my current trading style could manage with just your software..

One thing that I dont think you do but would be HUGE for me if you ever could.. is an api to export live data to excel.. any any chance that might ever happen??
Topic: Plotting Horizontal Lines
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 7:43:16 PM
Posted this once but it got lost in the ether.. (problems here.. if multiple posts please delete excess ones)

Thanks very much bustermu... great solution! Very clever.. I spent ages trying to make my idea work and failing but this does pretty good.. not yet worked out how it works but it is very close to what I wanted.. thanks again!
Topic: Coloring Candlesticks - Red & Green !!
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 7:37:14 AM
QUOTE (Doug_H)
In the current version, you can't change the colors of your candles. However, in version 6, due out shortly after the first of the year, you will have that capability.

In the meantime, an empty candle is an up day, and a solid candle is a down day.

Hi Doug, is that still on for the imminent release? I am liking TC2000 quite a lot so far but definitely missing having my candles or bars coloured accordingly.. so used to that after several years of trading...
Topic: Plotting Horizontal Lines
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 5:29:45 AM
Is it possible to construct a formula that will allow simple horiziontal lines to be drawn? I am trying using the price channels but that wont do it as far as I can see.. would like for example to be able to plot the highest high and lowest low of the last period.. say 60 days.. forming simple horizontal lines at those points across the visible chart...

Also trying custom indicators but same problem.. all the formulas I try give running results.. so that there is always a stepping element as it recalculates for each bar.. rather than plotting a constant simple horizontal line relating to the specified high or low..
Topic: Custom Date Sort MIA
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 10:27:12 AM
Thanks guys.. I was not leaving my mouse over the price chart as suggested is all! I thought an edit box had to come up first... That sorted me out pronto.. thanks again for your rapid help!
Topic: Custom Date Sort MIA
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 9:28:19 AM
I cant get the custom date sort to work.. from drop down menu on watchlist I click that option and nothing at all happens.. also tried the 'C' key as suggested in one of the help sections... any ideas?

TeleChart Version 5.3.00134