Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: janaka
About
User Name: janaka
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 7
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: ATR pcf
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 12:26:58 PM

Thanks, Bruce.  Works great!

Janaka

Topic: ATR pcf
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 10:38:37 AM

What is wrong with this syntax?

(MAXH10-MAXL10) < 2.5*ATR20

It returns "argument missing near *

Thanks

Topic: Formula worked fine in 2007, but not 2000
Posted: Monday, February 7, 2011 2:09:49 PM
The following formula(with a trick) calculates the 14 period ATR as a % of Price. The trick is that by leaving off the parentheses at the beginning, it will show what the formula is for in the chart.With or without that parenthesis it doesn't work in 2000.What change in syntax would make it work?ThanksATR AS PERCENT OF PRICE) (((((h-l) + (h1-l1) + (h2-l2) + (h3-l3) + (H4-L4) + (H5-L5) + (H6-L6) + (H7-L7) + (H8-L8) + (H9-L9) +(H10-L10) +(H11-L11) + (H12-L12) + (H13-L13) + (H14-L14))/14)*1.1)/C) * 100
Topic: 5 day Price Trend vs Market
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 5:27:36 PM
Today is Wed, Sept 15, 2010.For some time I've tried to make use of this, but have yet to understand it.I would have hoped that it meant: (stock open ABC 5 days ago - stock close ABC today)/stock open ABC 5 days ago = XAnd the same for an Index, like S&P 500, = YThen take (X/Y) * 100 to get the comparison.Evidently this is not even close.Like right now, Wed. 9/15 2:30pm. I thought the free stock charts' 5 day Price Trend vs Market bar showing the bar half full would be they both stock ABC and the Indexes have moved the same percent. But, as an example, DSX at .07 has done much worse than the S%P 500 comparison I've drawn on the same chart, and RMBS at .04 has done much better.I haven't got a clue why that would be.I went to StockFinder and trying to add that indicator/column to my charts and all I get is a blank data column. (That's my 2nd question)If the built in indicators wont give me what I want (the first formula I referred to above) could I get it using real code and refer to an index in that code, like the S&P?Thank you,Janaka
Topic: Code for highest high of last 5 days intersecting with event corresponding to that day.
Posted: Friday, August 20, 2010 3:04:52 PM
Thanks, Bruce. I appreciate your help.
Janaka
Topic: Code for highest high of last 5 days intersecting with event corresponding to that day.
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 5:57:24 PM
Thanks Bruce.
What I'm really trying to get is if during the last 5 days, the highest high of those last five days also was >= to the  ECTop on that same day. Say I'm scanning on Wednesday night and the highest high of the last 5 days, including Wednesday, happend on Monday. I'm wanting to know if that high on Monday was >= the ECTop on Monday.

Thanks, Janaka
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 1:09:55 PM
What would the code be for a condition that requires the highest high of the last five days to be >= to the upper value of an envelop on THAT SAME DAY.

I've started with the code below, but that only compares todays envelop price with the last five days.

Thank you,
Janaka

'|*****************************************************************|
'|*** StockFinder RealCode Condition - Version 5.0 www.worden.com
'|*** Copy and paste this header and code into StockFinder *********
'|*** Condition:HH5 >= Upper Band and < 75% above Upper Band
'|*** Example: if price.percentChange > 1 then pass
'|******************************************************************

'# MA = chart.MovingAverage

'# ECTop = chart.EnvelopeChannels.0
'# ECBottom = chart.EnvelopeChannels.1

If price.MaxHigh(5) >= ECTop.value Then pass