Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: nimble8
About
User Name: nimble8
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 3
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: EMA20 +/- 2*ATR10 channels
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2019 2:41:42 PM

Thanks very much. I'll post some feedback once I've tested the triggers.

best

Nimble8

Topic: EMA20 +/- 2*ATR10 channels
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 9:42:30 PM

Hello:

1) I would like to create channels around an ema20 to be exact.

I would like the channel to be described by 2*ATR10 +/-

I would like the 20EMA to be shown also on the chart.

2) I would also like to write the boolean expression for when price crosses down through the upper band, and I would like to write the boolean expression for when the price crosses up through the lower band.

Once I have the plots on the chart, I know how to create the boolean expressions for the scan without writing the PCF's for the operation

I intend to use the boolean expressions to create two filters to flag bullish and bearish triggers.

If you are willing to write the formulae exactly as they should appear in the custom channel PCF form I will greatly appreciate it. If it is possible to include the image of the completed form, that also would be helpful. If not on the blog, feel free to email me the image.

I am unable to decypher how to code the EMA and ATR in the provided boxes on the form. So if you could also  can refer me to the place where I can determine the syntax for myself, I promise not to be such a nuisance in the future.

thanks

nimble8

Topic: Average True Ranges
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 6:48:25 PM

Hello Bruce:

I'm following along so far, but am interested what it would look like to use a separate period for the ATR than the EMA. 

For example, I would like a pcf that will give me this:  20ema + 2(10ATR) and 20ema-2(10ATR) as one of the three channels.

thanks

nimble8