Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Mike From Philly
About
User Name: Mike From Philly
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 60
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Missing Time Frame Scroll Bar
Posted: Friday, February 16, 2018 8:17:41 PM

Thank you for directing me to the right place. 

I found it.   I had unclicked the "Show Date/Zoom Scrollbar"    On the System setting bar.

Topic: Missing Time Frame Scroll Bar
Posted: Friday, February 16, 2018 7:20:13 AM

I'm running ver 18 and started fresh and rebuilt my layout.    Oddly, I now can't find where the time frame scroll bar is.   In my prior layout there was a bar at the bottom of the chart that I could slide left or right that would shift the time frames left or right while keeping the same length of time on the screen.   I hope that make sense.    

Do you know what I've done to lose it  and how I can get it back?

Also, is it possible to get daily data going back in time much further than 2 years?  

Topic: Importing Data
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 6:17:16 PM

Bob, its really easy once the DataReader program is setup.    Yahoo has a link where you can download historic prices.   Download the data and clean it up 3 ways .... 1) delete the title row, 2) delete the volume column, 3) sort the data so that the old data is on top.  Save the file with the symbol name in the Data directory and as a csv file.   If you do this enough times, it is a 1 minute drill.

Here is a where to look on the yahoo page for the data:

http://screencast.com/t/k2Rdp79Kfov4

Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 8:36:36 PM
I tried changing the limit in blocks without success.  I didn't try too hard though.  I feel very lucky to get the DataReader to work and didn't want to push my luck.    

The DataReader, even with its 1980's uni-color, is helping me study past market cycles.  Last night,  I was studying the Dow back in the 1929-32 period .   I was sweating in fear as I scrolled through it on a daily basis and thinking about my buy/sell moves.  It was a scary plunge.  Here's a screen capture of that time.

http://screencast.com/t/igv37rh1d

Thank you for the help with this and all of my past questions.  I love SF5!  SF5 is a powerful tool.

Posted: Monday, August 29, 2011 7:01:34 PM
2,000. The box says 5,000 is the maximum. Is there a workaround? Any chance we could get a 100 years of daily bars?
Posted: Saturday, August 27, 2011 9:28:32 PM

Amazingly, I got it to work.  

Is there a reason why the daily candles before 9/13/2003 are not being affected/colored by my up bar condition? The condition works from 9/14/2003 to the present. 

BTW - Here's my program:

'# Cumulative
Dim reader As New RealCodeFileReader(currentsymbol & ".csv")
Try
 reader.open
 While reader.EndOfFile = False
  Dim Line As String = reader.readline
  Dim Values() As String = line.Split(",")
  AddToOutput(Me.EndOfDay(values(0)), Values(1), Values(2), Values(3), Values(4))
 End While

Catch
Finally
 reader.close   
End Try

Posted: Saturday, August 27, 2011 9:22:06 PM
Amazingly, I got it to work. My next question is why are the daily candles before 9/13/2003 not being affected/colored by my up bar condition? The condition works from 9/14/2003 to the present.Here's my program:'# CumulativeDim reader As New RealCodeFileReader(currentsymbol & ".csv")Try reader.open While reader.EndOfFile = False Dim Line As String = reader.readline Dim Values() As String = line.Split(",") AddToOutput(Me.EndOfDay(values(0)), Values(1), Values(2), Values(3), Values(4)) End While CatchFinally reader.close End Try
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 7:00:02 PM
Thank you. I watched the videos but didn't look at the post. I'll try this this weekend.
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 9:38:56 AM
Is it possible to do an indicator in candle stick fashion (O,H,L,C)? I've only done lines.Thanks,Mike
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 8:56:52 AM
Is there a way to import daily stock info (high, low, open, close, vol.) and have it added to a chart?

Specifically, Yahoo has historic price data going back a long long time. In the Dow's case: 1928. I'd like to suck in that data and have my DJ-30 daily chart use that data until 2004 where SF has the data in its system (I'm a gold user - although I'm the only guy in the US doesn't own any gold).

In addition, I'd like to capture the data from yahoo for stocks that disappear whether through bankruptcy or buyouts so that those charts are available in the future for study.

Thanks,
Mike