Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: sikk
About
User Name: sikk
Groups: Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Support cycle / shelf life of SF5
Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2012 8:27:11 PM

What is the current support cycle or shelf life of SF5?

How does Worden plan to phase out SF5 in such a way that traders who have come to rely on SF5 for their trading business will not suffer any negative consequences?

If I am starting to rely on SF5 more and more for my trading decisions - I want to ensure that the product will be around for next 4-5 years or Worden will make arrangements for alternative products which provide same or better functionality than what SF5 provides.

I understand that your current focus is on TC2000. But frankly T2K does not serve any of my needs for my current trading system. Especially useful are these capabilities of SF5:

1. Watchlist indicators: Where I could analyze data on entire watchlists and create and indicator out of the summarized data

2. Ability to plot relative data from 2 indicators: e.g. sum or substract 2 MAs on the graph and plot it as a histogram

Given that SF5 is still being sold as an active product *even today* - I want to request Worden to think seriously about traders who rely on SF5 for their trading decisions. Our trading business depends on SF5.

If other SF5 users share the same sentiment - please add your opinion to this post.

Thanks

Heyman