Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Casita
About
User Name: Casita
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 26
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: TSV Scan
Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 11:33:39 AM

Thanks Bruce, 
this should keep me busy for a while. I'll study your examples so I can start writing more scans myself.

Cheers,
Steve
Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 10:56:41 AM
Hi Bruce,

TSV is simple

Right, BB is of TSV

No, Lin Reg not currently used. 

Thanks
Steve
Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 10:12:47 AM
Thanks Bruce for your speedy reply yesterday. I have one more scan that would keep me busy for a while if you could help.

This is my first chart posted, think next time i'd reduce it. But, I'm looking to scan the data from the mid-section, TSV. Is it possible to write three functions to scan  TSV20 (blue line) above the lower BB(Period 13, width 10), TSV20 above the yellow line simple MovAvg13, and TSV20 above upper BB.  Thanks for all your help!!

Topic: PCF- Price above Moving Linear Regression 30
Posted: Monday, December 27, 2010 1:13:53 PM

Hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend.

I was wondering if I could have some help writing a PCF scan with the results either true or false. I want to scan for price equal to or above Moving Linear Regression 30 with all other value set at 0(Plot, Ext, Width.

Thanks so much,

Steve
Topic: COCO
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 9:47:14 PM

ANW had a nice 10 percent pop today, should be interesting to see where it goes from here. Hopefully, I can get out of the "A"'s next scan. Thanks TobyDad for sharing this information and we miss your lists and advice.

Merry Christmas to all and have a safe holiday.

Steve
Topic: COCO
Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 10:30:16 PM
I've been away from trading lately, busy with other things but last weekend just happened to go looking for some TD setups. BTW-not sure if I missed something but hope all is well with Tobydad, haven't seen him around here lately.

I came up with ANW, the TSV is rising towards zero and the price has shown some recent strength after bouncing off the bottom, also BB is tight??

Topic: My Broker or Me?
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 10:20:16 PM
Azureflames,

The same thing happened to me on a buy seconds after the starting bell. I went back over the records and the price never reached my buy order and was actually a few cents away on a single dollar stock. I called my online broker and they explained the "ask" price popped up for a moment to pick up a high price order, mine!!

I was BS'd so I opened an account at IB that day and transferred half my money out.  Now, I'll study what TD does above and hope for the best. By the way, was your broker TD Ameritrade like mine?

Steve
Topic: Latest list
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:15:01 PM
Tim,

At about 3:30 when the tug of war really began I was watching the game slip away but still hoping...I guess hoping and a dollar gets you a cup of coffee!!!!  Well, not even good coffee these days.

Thanks for weighing with some good advice....luckily, I only bought a small amount but will write this loss off as "tuition".

Thanks, Steve
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2010 8:55:44 PM
Well said DJH

TD-I was watching the move up on GY towrds the end of the day and wondering if there was even enough time in the trading day for a boost.  After hours I updated my charts and GY had broken the LR30,  the candle was looking very bearish, and just not a pretty chart anymore.  Oh well, thanks for the suggestion on the tighter stop, sounds like some good advice that I'll follow. Have a nice weekend!!

Steve
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2010 3:42:49 PM
"Thia is a forum and I am a paying member, just to be clear to some who might be confused, if you do not like my posts I suggest you don't read them. " -LCRX

LCRX - I'm also a paying member, just to be be clear to some who might be confused(that's you), no one likes your pointless posts and I suggest you don't write them.

TD-nice thread except for some extra noise...Friday GY looked like it wanted to take off late in the day but came slamming down late in the day with me in it.  Bought in at $4.81 with a stop of $4.40. I hope Monday the boosters are re-charged and ready again for lift off.